Groove music error code 0xc00d4e85

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else encountered this?
When connected to Bluetooth it provides this error code with message saying "Another app is controlling the sound on your device" and will not play music.

Lumia 950xl dual sim, most recent insider build.

rwcrossman

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone. I'm having the same issue. It also happened to me on the previous build. I submitted feedback via the Feedback Hub. With screenshot and other data. Hopefully it will get up voted enough for it to be seen.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this too. It started for me on 327. It only starts if I change tracks, either via the app or the steering wheel/car controls. Curiously, if I switch to Pandora, I also get an error in Pandora afterwards as well, but it refers to a server error. So something is messed up somewhere along the way.....

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just ended up using the recovery tool to go back to the production build, then installed the latest soft ring ring build. It still works on that build. Idk why these problems are occurring on the newer build. I posted it in the feedback hub but got very few upvotes..

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here on my Lumia Icon... Anyone using a different device and getting the error? If it's happening to devices which are supported for the build, then it will definitely be fixed (in due time of course :amaze::asleep:).

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind. List of known issues includes this. Good news is Microsoft knows the issue is there. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon. Thanks everyone!

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
On the Feedback Hub, this issue has been fixed in builds 14334 and above. Guess we just have to wait until next Insider build.

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my 1520.. Says that another app is controlling, or playing, music, please close. Something like that.. It's really annoying. Please post when this is fixed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ROJO > ARLINGTON, TX > LUMIA 1520 ≥ 950... WAITING FOR 6.2" SURFACE PHONE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788