GSMarena great 950XL review

Peter Grilj

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The No FM Radio point almost through me of the chair. What is this 2005? And mine has a FM Radio app preinstalled, that uses the headphones as an antena, like the phones of that era.
Good review tho.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You can even use your Lumia 950 XL screen for remote Xbox One gaming, once you connect your console to the app. You still need to play with a controller though, so you'll have to get a proper accessory to combine the wireless controller with your Lumia smartphone.

This doesn't sound right to me. I've never heard of being able to do this before.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, which is funny he mentions it does have an FM radio later on.

And yes the phone will eventually be able to get xbox games streamed just like the pc, not sure if this is something that actually can be done at this point or he got a preview of.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, which is funny he mentions it does have an FM radio later on.

And yes the phone will eventually be able to get xbox games streamed just like the pc, not sure if this is something that actually can be done at this point or he got a preview of.

Yes, but as far as I can tell they are referring to it as if the functionality is available now, which is incorrect and misleading.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Great neutral review. This is how GSMarena has built it's reputation all this year..
I remember visiting their site from the s60 days (oh and when motorola razr came out) :p

But I have a question on one thing he said and wrote..
When on continuum, universal apps don't have a right button function?? Cause on desktop they surely have (onenote, baconit, etc.)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I really like GSM Arena. They're slowly replacing Trusted Reviews as my number one general news site. Trusted Reviews has become biased as anything and they're journalism is vague and generally terrible. I used to love them.

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Always looking at what GSMarena has to say. They are very thorough and do real tests to base there review on. That say we have to remember what most reviews are, they are more or less a quick first impression where the reviewer has looked over the devise, tested it out an day or so by using his or hers favorite apps and finally snapped a picture or two. The visuals have an heavy impact in that kind of review and in many way that sort of review is closer to how most decide on what phone to get. They go to an shop test a couple of models that looks nice, listen to the sales pitch and make the decision on that. No deep tech reviews, no heavy testing. That is also why the 950 and 950 XL bland looks are so damning, they loss out in the first impression game. It's not like they look bad, just not interesting and so most will just go by them.
That said I'm glad for GSMarena positive review and is now once again considering to get the 950 XL after new year when the price has dropped down to a more proper price point. At least here in Sweden the Samsung Galaxy S6 32 Gb is almost 5% cheap than the 950 XL and the 950 has just this week dropped belove the Samsung phone. It is very hard to compete when you are more expensive than the class leader from the competitors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manualstillo