Hopefully Microsoft buys Nokia

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you think Nokia don't have a problem, you are not thinking clearly. I've never seen Nokiasay they were after that night quality Russia market.
Rubbish, both Europe and Asia have bigger high end smartphone markets than the USA and yet Nokia have an exclusivity deal on the largest North American carrier, their is no problem here for Nokia.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sigh.... and today's Microsoft is to buy Nokia and/or Nokia is dead is from......

Not sure why there is a group of mobile enthusiasts that just are sold on Nokia being sold. This will not happen in ANY scenario. There will be a new CEO with some emergency devices with Android or whatever OS is their "back-up plan" long before Nokia is sold even if WP8 Nokia's fail. And since that hasn't happened yet, there is no reason to write off a company as far reaching and well known as Nokia.

I am not worried about exclusivity, either. There are far too many fun rumors relating to other carriers latching onto the 920. Plus, I am sure the second wave of WP8 Nokia's are in development right now. High end follow ups to the 920 that will help.

Yes, I agree if Nokia were to need to be bought out, MS would be the best buyer. It is my hope and prayer that never happens. An independent Nokia is the best option.

If Nokia gets bought, it's not because of them having so much trouble that they could go out of business. They are FAR from that scenario. They have a ton of operating cash and have already written off most of the restructuring expenses.

The only danger comes from a possible hostile takeover by a company that may try to scoop them up while their share price appears affordable. But having MS there hovering in the background discourages companies from attempting because they could always be outbid and outmaneuvered by MS if MS deems that's the only way to keep Nokia committed to WP. MS may buy Nokia, but only if they are forces into it by someone else trying to buy them.

Then there's the government of Finland, which collaborates and invests significantly in Nokia. They may step in to stop any hostile takeover.

So without a hostile takeover, and with a lot of operating cash, Nokia is on a decent foundation for the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria