How can I get the Artist Background in the XBox Music app?

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Artist Background in Music

How can I make the artist background appear in the xbox music app? I've tried changing the region to U.S. in both xbox account and the mobile, but still the artists don't show the music background. Some may think I'm talking about the Album art. No, on my brother's Lumia, some specific artists like Bruno Mars his photo as background and he said the background came automatically?

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Artist Background in Music

I figured out that, follow this steps: change region to US, add and move English US language to the top of language settings, and IMPORTANT set regional format to either match phone language or set it to USA. You can try this: pick one song and upload it to OneDrive and put it into Music folder. Then add album containing that song to your phone Music folder. Open Xbox music and play that OneDrive song. You should see now Artist background. It's important to have one artist song in Onedrive and then you can have as many as you want songs in Phone from that artist with Artist background. Note: if you don't see Xbox Music headers in app, than change region of Xbox account through browser like SldCvr said, and repeat steps mentioned above. :( Yeah its complicated but well worth of it. :D
wp_ss_20150921_0001[1].png

Last edited:

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

Okay.. I'll try that.. and the "xbox music" name.. You don't have to reset your phone.. just change the region of xbox account through a browser. I had only "music" but now its xbox music.
UPDATE: It works!! This guy is awesome!! BTW.. If you don;t want to go into the mess of uploading things, you can use MixRadio or Audiotica. They both download the background pictures automatically. But I XBM to MixRadio or Audiotica..

Last edited:

anon(9053347)

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

I've found a thing.. When you add music, the app counts your ARTIST tag instead of the ALBUM ARTIST tag.. So when play any song with a ft. from the same artist, the picture disappears.. Any idea how to bring the picture to songs with a feature artist? The picture is there for all other single non featured songs. Why Microsoft? Why do you make us do this?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalrahim