How do I backup old photos to Onedrive?

kmmcdonald

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have just enabled photo backup to Onedrive on my L925. Presumably, all future photos will automatically be backed up to Onedrive. However, I want to backup the hundred or so existing photos on my phone to Onedrive. How can I do that? When I select all photos, the "share" option becomes greyed out.

thanks

Keith

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just enabled photo backup to Onedrive on my L925. Presumably, all future photos will automatically be backed up to Onedrive. However, I want to backup the hundred or so existing photos on my phone to Onedrive. How can I do that? When I select all photos, the "share" option becomes greyed out.

thanks

Keith

You're right with your presumption, as long as you leave the backup option enabled. However, for the remainder of your older photos, you may select a certain number of photos at a time and back them up by batch. Just keep selecting multiple photos until just before the share icon becomes greyed out... then repeat the process for the remainder of your photos.

In my L1020, the share icon greyed out at around 30 (if I recall correctly, but my L1020 is not with me now); in my L535, I was able to select up to 64 and was still selecting more, but the share icon didn't grey out (must be one of the updates brought by Denim).

Take note, however, that the resolution of the backed-up photos may not be the same as the original. It may be wise to copy everything to PC while you're at it, too.:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz