How many think MS Edge as a serious competitor to Google Chrome and Firefox

TheFlyingDutchBros

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Currently Edge is fully usable and has the essential extensions that I use. The interface is minimalist which I appreciate, and the feature set isn't all that different from Chrome or Firefox. If Microsoft would just unbundle it from Windows so that we can get regular feature updates that would be great.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I notice the extensions for edge are starting to bloom. Switched by adblocker to adguard adblocker which is much better. That and ghostery, and I'm feeling much better about dem advertisements. adblocker plus really wasn't working too great (doesn't stop youtube ads, and missed popunders)

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
hello. for microsoft edge some websites wont save passwords, whereas google chrome doesnt have that problem. if that problem+no enpass extension availability werent around, edge would be perfect for my needs.

Kern1996

May 15, 2017
Visit site
It does not sync history, bookmarks etc to my phone. Chrome, Firefox and Opera do. Unless they release Edge on Android I won't consider it.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Edge has improved a lot with the Creators Update and it's a lot faster and reliable than it was. However it doesn't always work exactly as I want it to work with pages that still use a lot of Adobe Flash, but other than that I'm totally fine with it and don't even bother using Chrome or Firefox.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For me, Edge would need to be cross platform. I use them all: Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, W10M.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I like the new Edge we have now, it's definitely far more usable than in the past. On my Surface Pro 4 I use it exclusively, it's a great travelling companion when you need to do some reading online and touch friendly! Anyway, for work I still use Google Chrome especially because it's much more stable when working with tabs. In Edge I keep struggling when trying to move the tabs around, moving them in to a separate window etc. Edge sometimes just shutdown just in case. And I don't mean 20-30 tabs but just 4-5.

sod1497

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Edge is not perfect, scorlling in some webpages is weird, the default new tab screen isn't as attractive as it could be, but it's fast, doesn't use a lot of battery or memory and it doesn't fill with crap every time you install any exe.

IngCarranza88WC

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
As much as i love some or almost all Microsoft products, this one in particular, in my personal opinion, its far behind the competitors, i try edge, but i end up using Chrome, even Opera, more than Edge... Most of the time, the extensions, random rebots, constant freezes.

JOL1985

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Since getting my surface pro 4 I've kept with Edge. I downloaded chrome for one or two sites but I don't really visit them so chrome has gone and I'm sitting proud with edge.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, it is the only browser I use. I adopted it right from the start and I really have had no problems with it. Granted, I am not the type who has a zillion plugins and have customized the crap out of my browser, but I think I would be correct in saying that my very basic usage pattern represents the vast majority of browser users. Most people don't install plugins and do custom stuff. Most people don't even know where to find the fricken setttings. Most have no idea what a plugin is.

ZeroCoolJr

May 17, 2017
Visit site
As much as I love Windows 10, Edge is still far from Chrome unfortunately. I tried running Edge as my main browser but websites like Google Search sometimes go white for a few seconds then the web page suddenly appears. It's just so annoying that I decided to go back to Chrome. Many say it's the web page/site that has the problem but as I've said, if Chrome can do it why can't Edge do the same? I'm certain however after a few weeks of using Edge, Chrome is more resource eater especially on video streaming sites, browser-based games, etc. This is all based on my actual personal usage and impression when using the browsers.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Edge is my main browser, I still use Chrome occasionally. On my phone I use the Samsung browser instead of Chrome.

Edge seems to work for me significantly better than Chrome on my Atom powered Asus Transformer, I like the ability to draw on websites with my Surface, so I began using it as my primary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof