How to proceed with an extra Band

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I recently purchased another Band 2 (brand new on ebay for $100). I was thinking of using my current band as a daily driver, at work, etc. But its going to get pretty ****ty kind of quick. So I wanted to use my NEW Band 2 when I go out to dinner, formal occasions, or just when I dress up and want to have a nice clean device on my wrist.

However I when I try to set this Band 2 up it says I need to unregister my current band and it will no longer sync with my account. This is on another device my 650, and my older Band 2 is currently working on my 950 XL. Is there any way to get both Bands on the same MS account? If I unregister it will it delete all my history and will it be very easy to re-register?

I guess I could sign in to a different MS account on my 650 but I really don?t want to do that (wont have my paid apps etc). So what would be the best way to proceed? If I cant get this to work then my only real option is to use this band until it worn out beat up dead?.then use the new one. I can only see this thing lasting a year or so and it is such a beautiful and useful device I wanted a back up so I can continue using it well into the future.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Your Microsoft Health account can only receive input from one Band device at a time. If you want to wear each Band for different occasions, you will have to unregister the current Band in use and register the one that you wish to wear every time you change Bands.

Once the data is synced with your account, you don't lose that data. You just need to make sure you sync the Band's data prior to unregistering it. I don't know if this is still the case, but at one point when I tried unregistering my Band to troubleshoot a syncing problem with my phone's Bluetooth, the app notified me that I would have to factory reset the Band before I could reregister it to my account.

While the Band and the app were made to allow you to switch out which Band you are using, the intended application is for people upgrading to the next generation (Band 1 to Band 2) or for people who received a replacement for a damaged/defective unit. I don't think they ever considered someone switching back and forth between two working units of the same model for aesthetic reasons.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Your Microsoft Health account can only receive input from one Band device at a time. If you want to wear each Band for different occasions, you will have to unregister the current Band in use and register the one that you wish to wear every time you change Bands.

Once the data is synced with your account, you don't lose that data. You just need to make sure you sync the Band's data prior to unregistering it. I don't know if this is still the case, but at one point when I tried unregistering my Band to troubleshoot a syncing problem with my phone's Bluetooth, the app notified me that I would have to factory reset the Band before I could reregister it to my account.

While the Band and the app were made to allow you to switch out which Band you are using, the intended application is for people upgrading to the next generation (Band 1 to Band 2) or for people who received a replacement for a damaged/defective unit. I don't think they ever considered someone switching back and forth between two working units of the same model for aesthetic reasons.

Gotcha. Thanks, this helps a lot. Thank you for taking to the time to read and reply to my post.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Heh.....I've actually gotten quite good at this. I have several phones and like switching them out every few days. Gotten so I can set up the band (complete with custom settings, custom wallpaper, etc.) in less than 10 minutes. It gets old though, and lately I've pretty much moved on to a Charge 2, which doesn't require unregistering, reregistering, and repairing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz