how to retrieve videos from dead lumia 920?? please helpppp

danish soomro

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone is water damaged. I put in rice of bag and turned it. It turned on for a bit and then shut off since then its not turning on. My auto backup was ON but I dont see any videos in my sky drive.

Is there anyway I can get my videosss.. they were so important :(. I tried hard reset didnt work. I connect with the laptop NOP..

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers.

UWbadgers16

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is for sure toast, and you can't sell it or anything else, you might try opening the phone up and snagging the microSD chip from it. Then you could try accessing it from a regular computer.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm guessing you didn't have video uploads to SkyDrive turned on. I think it is turned off by default. But yeah, maybe you can get the card out of the phone.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
my videosss.. they were so important :(.
Why don't people copy stuff off their phones that is so important? Why? WHY???

If your phone is dead, it's dead. You could try various hardware horrors to remove the chips with the videos, but unless they are IMPOSSIBLE to not have, the cost is probably not worth it.

If you are in the category of "must have it, at any cost" then start looking into companies like this Cell Phone Data Recovery Services

Be sure to have your credit card handy.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Worst case, let it dry out more. Maybe it isn't powering on because the battery is dead. I would wait to try this as there still might be water or condensation inside your phone. Next step is I would call a Microsoft store to see if they can help. They might be able to recover your videos for a fee (probably $100). Last step is to take your phone apart. Bad part about this is your memory card in the phone will only be read by a windows phone. It might try to reformat your card if you enter it into your computer.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
There is no memory card inside, it's an eMMC chip soldered to the board. Why does everyone think there is a crappy slow microSD inside for the system?

DNTracy

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't panic!

I just got all the data from my COMPLETELY DROWNED 920. I turned it on after it got left in a rainstorm. The thing went nuts- only the backlights on the screen were working (LCD was shot), only one of the bottom buttons lit up (the back one) and would never turn off. The camera wouldn't work.

Then I bought a used one with a cracked screen, and worked some magic. Got all my data. I'd be happy to help you get what you need. See my thread here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...eed-my-nokias-data-all-costs.html#post2230360

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
If you've ever accidentally deleted videos from your digital camera's memory card – or even had them deliberately deleted by someone else, it can be easy to retrieve the lost image, provided you stop taking any additional videos.

The OP's phone has been water damaged - he did not delete the videos from the phone

DNTracy's suggestion will most probably work - after thoroughly drying out the phone, it may just need a new battery to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469