Hurricane Sandy

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Where I'm at in WV they changed us from a Winter Storm Watch to a Blizzard Warning. They are listing 2-6" of snow below 2000 feet and above 3,000 feet 1 to 2 FEET. My town is actually in between the two so I figure we could see anywhere in that range. The snow will be heavy and wet and bring down trees and limbs and disrupt power. The wind is expected to be about 30 MPH with gusts up to 45 MPH.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys on the east coast be careful. If you're in an area where storm surge and reach you make sure and get out. We've had a couple in our area the last few years and they are nothing to play with.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in sw pa, but find myself in Virginia, near the coast for a wedding. We'll be driving home thru the mess tomorrow. We should be ok, just catching the outside edge of the mess.

Everyone in the storm, hope yinz all stay safe.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I live in sw pa, but find myself in Virginia, near the coast for a wedding. We'll be driving home thru the mess tomorrow. We should be ok, just catching the outside edge of the mess.

Everyone in the storm, hope yinz all stay safe.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

You might run into flooded roads. In Chicago, back in July of 2011 we had 7" of rain in 2 hours and roads that I would have never expected to flood, were flooded. Be careful. It's hard to judge how deep a flooded road is.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My son is excited because they closed school for 2 days (in South Jersey) and because it's a state of emergency they don't have to make them up.

They are predicting 10- 12' of rain in SJ, De, Philly areas. Flooding and power outages look to be inevitable. I went to grocery store today and there was not a single loaf of bread available.

I hope everyone stays home and safe and those in flood areas get the heck out of there.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to reach Southern Ontario Tuesday morning but by then they are saying it will have reduced power, but no one knows for sure. I'll just wait and see what happens.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Baltimore here. I've heard so many crazy and some downright insane stories of what people heard was going to happen! Unfortunately BGE is expecting power loss for over a week. This means I'll be out for over two weeks.. always happens this way :/

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
For all who live or happen to be in the storms path, I hope for all of you that it isn't as bad as the press is suggesting.

Be safe.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Irene wasn't near as bad as everyone thought last year. But I think this one is the real deal. The Jersey shore and Delaware are already getting heavy flooding and she's still a couple hundred miles off shore. The winds are 70-90 mph but the bigger problem is she's moving very slowly.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you guys in the Jersey area know what the situation in Hoboken and Westfield are? I know some people there and I was a bit worried.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you guys in the Jersey area know what the situation in Hoboken and Westfield are? I know some people there and I was a bit worried.

They are further north than the eye. If they are close to water Hoboken there's a very good chance of flooding. I think the problem in Westfield could be trees falling and losing power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz