"I can't believe that Microsoft is finally deciding to push their platforms as open-source"

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
"I can't believe that Microsoft is finally deciding to push their platforms as open-source"

Well this is what was posted by a well known iOS JB hacker and dev,As a tech follower,what do you think of his statement devs? Any thing which MS talked about in that fashion
regarding development of future apps? news about APIs?Devs?

Capture.PNG

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: "I can't believe that Microsoft is finally deciding to push their platforms as open-source"

I won't blame the OP for not knowing. But a little research might help.

This has absolutely zero to do with Open Source

As for the original person who put this info out, maybe some reading comprehension exercises, would help.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: "I can't believe that Microsoft is finally deciding to push their platforms as open-source"

Microsoft put a lot of theire technology open source this build. The new C# and Visual Basic Compilers (Roslyn) were open sourced this Build. Xamarin open sourced parts of theire work too.
In the past months Microsoft open source a lot of theire work around .net. The .net framework, the microsoft webstack, entity framework and a lot more are open source.
Microsoft has founded a whole new foundation around open sourced .net this builld (.Net Foundation | Open Source Foundation for the .NET Community)

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I won't blame the OP for not knowing. But a little research might help.

This has absolutely zero to do with Open Source

As for the original person who put this info out, maybe some reading comprehension exercises, would help.

Microsoft put a lot of theire technology open source this build. The new C# and Visual Basic Compilers (Roslyn) were open sourced this Build. Xamarin open sourced parts of theire work too.
In the past months Microsoft open source a lot of theire work around .net. The .net framework, the microsoft webstack, entity framework and a lot more are open source.
Microsoft has founded a whole new foundation around open sourced .net this builld (.Net Foundation | Open Source Foundation for the .NET Community)

thank you for the replies,Yes I knew WP8 has now $0 licensing fee But still under legal agreements of MS IMO so this ain't opensource thingy I guess? That is why I was sort of puzzled...

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, although MS may build part of their tech using some open source tools the product itself is by no means open source. Just watch if someone tried to fork Windows Phone - I have no doubt MS would smack them down with litigation over proprietary IP so fast it would make their head swim.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Java is an open source programming language that's why java is number 1 in Global IT . These are great moves for Microsoft products to become popular throughout global IT, computer engineers, programming .. Web development design ... Quality.
Why learning java, objective-c, php, if you can write quality apps for all platforms using Microsoft development tools,?,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz