I finally played Control (Quantum Wake/ Alan Break?) and it was an epic adventure

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I did really like Quantum Break and also did everything in it (I even loved all the television-style cutscenes), but not sure I'd play it again for reasons that probably don't apply to most gamers: I don't like third-person controls for anything that requires precise aiming. For watching the game unfold, 3rd person is fine, but for shooting and anything else that requires precision, I have decided I really only like first person.

I also happen to prefer open world, which I don't think these games are (Quantum Break definitely was not), but that's less of a factor than the game controls being third-person.

I think Remedy does a fantastic job at story crafting and telling. Among the very best at that.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I did really like Quantum Break and also did everything in it (I even loved all the television-style cutscenes), but not sure I'd play it again for reasons that probably don't apply to most gamers: I don't like third-person controls for anything that requires precise aiming. For watching the game unfold, 3rd person is fine, but for shooting and anything else that requires precision, I have decided I really only like first person.

I also happen to prefer open world, which I don't think these games are (Quantum Break definitely was not), but that's less of a factor than the game controls being third-person.

I think Remedy does a fantastic job at story crafting and telling. Among the very best at that.
Totally understand the third-person vs. first-person stance. I don't mind third-person shooters in the slightest as long as high precision isn't a necessity, and I didn't feel it was for any of Remedy's games I've played. That's especially true for Quantum Break and Control, because you're also relying a lot on your abilities.

Control is much more open-world than Quantum Break is, but it's still semi open-world at best. Had a blast exploring that world, though!

Reactions: GraniteStateColin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital