I just got a gift card for Christmas, and this is the first thing I bought

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
forced gifts (like it this 'lovely' season) is one of the dumbest thing ever, and gift cards have to be the cherry on top of expressing "f u", I don't care just get over with it... 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

gifts should be fun! and personal! but the whole world was brainwashed and forced to "gift"... only for the purpose of pumping up those revenue streams... yuck

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Since I have friends and family on both sides of the pond, gift cards are a great way to give a gift without wasting a bunch of money on shipping costs. I know some retailers support shipping to an international address, but others don't. Gift cards, especially digital ones, are a quick and easy way to give someone a gift. Sometimes I'll give someone a gift card and specify that I'd like to get that person a specific item but that the retailer doesn't support orders from the UK.

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
I know some retailers support shipping to an international address, but others don't.

Crazy idea but do you know you can shop at .com and .co.uk? with local shipping? I know, internet and crazy stuff! :p

Since I have friends and family on both sides of the pond, gift cards are a great way to give a gift without wasting a bunch of money on shipping costs.

Again, that sort of "gift but I don't give enough damn to do a proper gift" is as annoying as empty wishes during holidays...

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Crazy idea but do you know you can shop at .com and .co.uk? with local shipping? I know, internet and crazy stuff! :p

Again, that sort of "gift but I don't give enough damn to do a proper gift" is as annoying as empty wishes during holidays...
There are some sites that don't have .com and .co.uk versions. I've lived in the UK for 10 years, I'm aware of how to get things to people overseas.

I'm not sure why you're so against gift cards, but we don't see things the same way. The good news is, you don't have to get them if you don't like them and you can always turn them down if someone tries to give you one.

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
There are some sites that don't have .com and .co.uk versions.

Golly! And have you considered just using different shop to get the thing? or getting different thing? :D

I've lived in the UK for 10 years, I'm aware of how to get things to people overseas.

Gosh! He lived in different country on different continent! And he knows about post and shipping! Let's get him a medal! :p

The good news is, you don't have to get them if you don't like them and you can always turn them down if someone tries to give you one.
Right... have you ever ran into such situation? Have you ever bother to asked if someone wants to get a truly meaningful gift? Or just "yeah-i-dont-care-that-much" gift card?

But yeah, let's keep propelling this weird notion of "gifts are awesome" and because of that lets always include a receipt to allow someone return it the next day :D

The pretence on both sides is just hilarious xD

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Golly! And have you considered just using different shop to get the thing? or getting different thing? :D

Gosh! He lived in different country on different continent! And he knows about post and shipping! Let's get him a medal! :p

Right... have you ever ran into such situation? Have you ever bother to asked if someone wants to get a truly meaningful gift? Or just "yeah-i-dont-care-that-much" gift card?

But yeah, let's keep propelling this weird notion of "gifts are awesome" and because of that lets always include a receipt to allow someone return it the next day :D

The pretence on both sides is just hilarious xD
I think it's pretty clear that you have a firm opinion on this. Please respect that I have a different opinion that has valid reasons. You're a regular on the forums and I appreciate you being here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital