If your not getting this type of battery life...

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was getting sub optimal performance from my battery until I completely drained it mon night.

Tuesday was great! 10 hours after a full charge and moderate use it still had 63% remaining.

Today, it has sucked. About 1 hour after a full charge (I had been talking on it the entire time) it was at 69%. Now about 4 hours after a full charge I am down to 35%. Not looking good :(

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Kelly Prophet

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the real question here is: how is Black Ops??

Seriously though, can you remember an app you may have installed that could be causing the drain? With every new OS come a lot of developers jumping on the band wagon writing crappy code and publishing apps that are no where ready for prime time.

As far as running apps, go to Settings --> Applications -- >Background Tasks and see if anything is running.

Ha, no idea. He'll get to open it this evening when he gets home from school.

I have no idea on what background tasks may or may not have been running. I have a strong suspicion that it's related to GPS - largely because that's what I see others complaining of. Like once you enable a GPS app it just lingers, sucks up battery, and some have even noted the phone being warm.

But, alas - I can't see what's running and can't terminate anything to stop them from running. I looked in Settings and there is no Applications menu item. Perhaps I'm missing something, off to my long term memory storage, a.k.a Google...

Edit: /facepalm
Ok. Found it. Nokia Drive+ Beta, Nokia Trailers, and Weather Channel are the only background tasks.

I think it's time for Nokia Drive+ Beta to go. I suspect it's the culprait.

Edit2: Ok, it's been 10 minutes since I removed Nokia Drive+ Beta and Nokia Trailers and the battery has gone from 69% at 12:59 to 76% at 1:09 - so I'd say that was the batter leech. Earlier this morning I noted my data usage since the 9th was 440.49MB - which is more than I usually use in an entire month. So I noted the amount and just checked it again and it's gone up to 456.38. I have not used the phone to surf the net, play music, or anything that should have consumed any data at all. Literally, I've handled one phone call for about 5 minutes - otherwise it has sat untouched.

The next test, I suppose, is to wait and see if one of those two apps I removed was responsible for that odd data usage.

Edit 3 - final edit I think:

Ok, no new data usage since removing those two Nokia apps. Also, phone has been unplugged for 3 hours with not much use (a few phone calls and text) and it's still showing 100% charge. (Some other normal use like bluetooth sync in my truck, probably a good search or two - what have you.)

Time left still shows really low, 12 hours to be exact. No idea why this is since it's already gone over 3 hours with not even 1% lost. It's probably taking an average that still accounts for the Nokia apps crazy power consumption.

Note to self: If I get lost in the woods with this thing - might only have a few hours of GPS use before it dies. Not good! lol

Last edited:

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is a screenshot of mine. I just got the phone yesterday at around 5PM and used it until it was at about 5% battery. Left it plugged in all night.

Remaining battery life: 100%
Estimated time remaining: 1 day 15 hours
Time since last charge: 2 hours

Apps:
Facebook (Live Tile)
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Space
Contre Jour
Cut the Rope
Draw Something (Live Tile)
Words With Friends (Live Tile)
Bank of America
Nokia Drive+ Beta
Prime TV

Settings:
Two ActiveSync email accounts
Bing Suggestions
Every location service setting I could find on.
WiFi on
Backup on
Find my phone on
Feedback on
Bing lock screen

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Just an update on my battery life after around 6 hours of use:

Remaining battery life: 93%
Estimated time remaining: 5 days 23 hours (!)
Time since last charge: 6 hours

Have sent a few text and MMS messages, checked email, ran Prime TV, Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive (for only about 30 seconds) and other things I forget. Took it with me to lunch a few miles away. No phone calls though. I will add that I am in a VERY strong 4G area and moderate (3 bars) LTE area.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how they could ship the phone with a camera bug and the battery gate.i was on WiFi last night and at 100% battery I played a Netflix movie that was 2 hours and my battery went from 100% 63% but never got hot or even warm. Right now after loading ie and logging in and typing this I went from 100% to 90% and the back of my phone above the camera I's hot not warm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria