I'm a NEW 2520 Owner! So far I love it except the FOXNEWS app!

SmokinMarley

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Greeting fellow Nokia Enthusiasts!

I recently acquired a new Nokia 2520 from Amazon (only 175 bucks!). It's my first tablet and didn't want to spend too much money in case I decided having a tablet wasn't for me/useful considering I've already got a phablet. I'm coming from a former iPhone 3, 4, 5, and currently Lumia 1520 owner.
I'm still learning the ropes, customizing this tablet, and learning how I can utilize it in my life. I initially purchased it for media consumption (especially when traveling). I absolutely love MyTube and enjoy watching YOUTUBE videos WITHOUT commercials... something that pained me when I had an iPhone.

The one thing that I HATE so far is the FOXNEWS APP. It's great on my Lumia 1520 to watch specific show video clips each day -- so simple AND COMMERCIAL FREE! However on the 2520 APP it falls short in 2 ways. Firstly, I cannot navigate to each individual show and watch specific show clips rather random clips are all clumped together similar to the FoxNews web site. Also, when I click to watch a show clip it takes me to the web site via web wrapper which HAS COMMERCIALS! Argh! ....Life would be good if the Windows RT app would just mimic the Windows Mobile app.

I hope the update to the gimpy version of Windows 10 (RT) will allow the 2520 to use Universal Apps AND that when universal apps are introduced to Windows 10, that they are not cluttered with Advertising such as the iPhone. This is one of the major factors of why Windows Phone/apps is so appealing to me... Apps such as MyTube do not play advertisements before each video I play!

I do wish there were more Apps available on the 2520. For some reason when I purchased the 2520 I thought that it shared the same app store as Windows Mobile -- but I was wrong. So what are some of your favorite/recommended apps that are unique to the RT app store?

Bryan Trach

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You're late to the party. RT is essentially being dropped. Lack of RT apps and low adoption has left devices like our 2050s out. We'll receive an update here in a month or two to allow us to run universal RT apps. You should have bough the Surface 3. The Surface 3 shows how Microsoft plans on offering cheap devices while using the same OS as more expensive devices(like the Surface Pro 3).

I stupidly signed up for a $30 a month 2 year AT&T data plan to save $100 at purchase. I can't wait for this December to come so I can cancel my AT&T plan and officially retire my 2520.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Surface 3 is $300 or more than what the Nokia 2520 is currently going for.

OP - FoxNews App? Really? It's your brainwashing.

The apps work like they do. You can contact the person that made the app, usually their info is connected to the app in the Windows Store, if it still showing.

The Nokia 2520 is NOT getting Windows 10 RT or otherwise. It will be stuck on Windows 8.1 RT from here on out unless Microsoft makes a complete 360 on what they said and it's very doubtful they will.

Enjoy the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria