I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, the only help I can provide is that my 950XL is NOT having the problems you describe and functioning properly on TMo network primarily as a iheart radio and podcast player in my Durango via bluetooth. I do check email, navigation, browser, myradar, news and a few other apps that still work well. Logging into my work email via edge is painfully slow but still works in a bind. The large live tiles work great in car.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Need a little help/advice, please! my 950XL finally is showing its age...last week my start-up screen was lacking MOST of my apps, swipe left and my app list shows the same dwindled list! The MAIN PROBLEM is I can't access my Settings...the only way I can see contacts (or anything else) is to go through the Microsoft Store. Can anyone suggest a fix that will allow me to get back my settings app?

I have been shopping for phones and don't much like what I see...looking at just getting a Pixel 4a (suggestions welcome) and do all my heavy-hitting on the computer, but I really need to have access to my info on the 950xl again...does ANYONE out there have a fix/workaround?????

Thanks!

Hate to say it, but you may need to do a hard reset. All of your contacts, calendar and outlook email is saved in cloud. They can be accessed through outlook.com. Settings app is part of the rom image and should be restored upon a hard reset. you should be able to restore apps from a backup during the hard reset procedure. If the hard reset does not work something is wrong in the internal image of phone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hate to say it, but you may need to do a hard reset. All of your contacts, calendar and outlook email is saved in cloud. They can be accessed through outlook.com. Settings app is part of the rom image and should be restored upon a hard reset. you should be able to restore apps from a backup during the hard reset procedure. If the hard reset does not work something is wrong in the internal image of phone.
Before reset, they might want to check all must-have apps to make sure still in the store. I don't think a restore actually restores apps the owner installed but rather tries to reinstall them from the store and then connects them with whatever data for the app in the restore. There may or may not be a way to make everything as it was but possible to make a bad situation worse.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I'll will check, but I haven't installed apps or even bothered to check for updates on my 950xl for at least a year. Not sure the apps I use are still available on store. I should probably create a back-up just in case.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll will check, but I haven't installed apps or even bothered to check for updates on my 950xl for at least a year. Not sure the apps I use are still available on store. I should probably create a back-up just in case.
If you mean a backup via the settings, pretty sure they don't back up apps that came from the store just the fact the app was installed. A restore gets the app from the store. If the app is no longer in the store, it won't be on the phone after the restore. So, anyone should make sure they won't be worse off after a restore than before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz