Is it now possible to assign static IP address to Windows Phone 8.1 to connect to Wi-Fi?

Andrea Gizzi

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I bought a nokia lumia 930 and i'm very happy of it, but I need a static ip address, because my home network has lot of device (20 device) and 2 range extender, so I need to use a static ip address.

I see that on this system it isn't possible (it's embarassing -.-) so I'm asking you if you can help me, since I can't use my phone at home...

I have a router netgear dgnd3700 and 2 range extender.

Thank you in advance

gtirloni

May 23, 2015
Visit site
The functionality is there, your OEM just chose not to enable it (which sucks).

Google for ""windows phone Enable static IP" and you should find a development page explaining it.

I tried the "Static IP" app and it worked, although I had to disable the DHCP server in my network, which is an insane situation. I just want to have my phone using a different IP and gateway.

manju thappeta

May 28, 2016
Visit site
The functionality is there, your OEM just chose not to enable it (which sucks).

Google for ""windows phone Enable static IP" and you should find a development page explaining it.

I tried the "Static IP" app and it worked, although I had to disable the DHCP server in my network, which is an insane situation. I just want to have my phone using a different IP and gateway.

You should able to see the static IP setting in WiFi page ,I use 640 xl it has this option of 8.1 os recently I upgraded to 10 is I am able to change static setting but I won't apply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria