Is the Nokia Lumia 2520 still worth it?

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Could someone link the Lumia 2520 from Msft official store on eBay? Never saw anything but the Surface there. Also, red appears to be a lot more expensive than black, while red keyboard docks are very difficult to find, and are overpriced.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I love mine. It does everything I need however the keyboard seem to have a poor reliability. Mine lasted a year and was replaced under warranty. Great device but the lack of future proofing for me would stop me buying one currently. Buy a full windows one unless you find a 2520 cheap and are looking for a cheap office capable device. I'm happy but it is currently the best so weigh up price vs its value to you personally.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
No issues whatsoever. Works flawlessly, does what I need it to do: Browse web, work on office documents. The only Win32 "App" I am missing would be SopCast to watch sporting events, but there are enough flash-based streams available (albeit usually lower quality).

I love that I can plug in my hard drive, any mouse or keyboard, USB stick, etc.

Still easily one of the best tablets available. Or no longer available...lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm taking a chance on one... Got a gently used one (ATT flavor) off Swappa for $125 USD delivered. It should come in this week. I like the fact that it has a License for Office 2013. It's not so future proof, but at the price I really could not say no. I'm looking forward to getting it, slapping it into a case with a stand and pairing it with my Arc keyboard. From there I should get what I want out of a tablet; basic productivity, independence from WiFi when needed and consumption of media and time waster games.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm taking a chance on one... Got a gently used one (ATT flavor) off Swappa for $125 USD delivered. It should come in this week. I like the fact that it has a License for Office 2013. It's not so future proof, but at the price I really could not say no. I'm looking forward to getting it, slapping it into a case with a stand and pairing it with my Arc keyboard. From there I should get what I want out of a tablet; basic productivity, independence from WiFi when needed and consumption of media and time waster games.
I'd like to see a review once you've used it for a while.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Last month I picked up a iRULU WalknBook 10" tablet nice specs with full Windows 8.1.

There are times when I am out and about I do want access to a couple of x86 apps that I just can't have access to on my Nokia 2520. The iRULU came with a nice keyboard case, too.

But, unless I really need access to those x86 apps, I am still finding I my preference is to leave
the house with my 2520. It's lighter and thinner and the screen is nicer.

Just FYI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard