Is There Any Other Way to Rollback to 8.1 Besides the Recovery Tool?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When i try the recovery tool with my htc one all i see is a message that tells me to turn off my phone and when it vibrates "hold the volume up and volume down buttons until you see an image like on the screen". Yes that's a direct quote, it doesn't actually tell you what kind of image to wait for. All I see is a picture of a lightning bolt with a gear and nothing ever happens.

Is there an ISO available? It's not even an issue of wanting 10136 so bad anymore (even though I'll try it out), I just can't deal with 10080 anymore. It's either a more stable 10136 or 8.1 for me. Now I'm facing the possibility of being stuck with it for at least another week. I guess it's my own fault for installing preview software on my daily driver.

:unhappysweat:

edit: Right after i finished typing this I tried the recovery tool again and now it appears to be working. Sometimes cursing at your monitor helps. Maybe MS has an event handler that hooks up to your microphone and listens for vulgarity. Fingers crossed and sorry for the potential wasted thread.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for another way as well as I don't have access to a computer right now. They should have made a app or something that requires wifi to roll back

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for another way as well as I don't have access to a computer right now. They should have made a app or something that requires wifi to roll back

Even if the recovery tool does work (fingers crossed) I agree that there should be a downloadable iso or some other method of doing this in addition to the recovery tool. While browsing the innanets I saw plenty of people who couldn't get the WRT to work. I can't see why it wouldn't be possible as that's how I was able to load w10 to begin with.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I could not install the lumia/wp recovery tools due to some hash error so I rolled back using Nokia Software Updater for Retail
(link: nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fds_fire/1310/0909/7297834135/NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.1.0.exe )

(This is on L920, you may or may not run into problems with newer models, no idea.)

Edit: sorry, must have skipped over the htc bit

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv