Issues after update...

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Now I am not a whiner and usually don't mind if I need to launch an app 2 times for it to work, but after the app decided not to open after launching it 10 times I seriously can't be happy with that. Sure, the problem could be the insider build that I am on but other applications run just fine, it's just the Windows Central app that can't even launch properly and when it launches it is 1 in 1000 possibility that it is actually going to let me read forum or articles.

I would have submitted this through feedback in the Windows Central application, but I simply can't do it since I can't even launch it.

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried updating the app to the latest version through the store yet? Reinstalling it? Restarting or soft-resetting your device? These are some basic ways to troubleshoot an app not opening. You could even now try updating your device software to the latest available, or downgrading (switching to public release if you were receiving Insider updates).

Still no luck? This might not be required, but if you don't mind try hard-resetting your device. Or finally using Windows Device Recovery Tool to flash the software.

If you need to know detailed steps on how to do the above ask me in the comment.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Now I am not a whiner and usually don't mind if I need to launch an app 2 times for it to work, but after the app decided not to open after launching it 10 times I seriously can't be happy with that. Sure, the problem could be the insider build that I am on but other applications run just fine, it's just the Windows Central app that can't even launch properly and when it launches it is 1 in 1000 possibility that it is actually going to let me read forum or articles.

I would have submitted this through feedback in the Windows Central application, but I simply can't do it since I can't even launch it.

That's why I use Tapatalk and mTalk. The WC app is useless.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried updating the app to the latest version through the store yet? Reinstalling it? Restarting or soft-resetting your device? These are some basic ways to troubleshoot an app not opening. You could even now try updating your device software to the latest available, or downgrading (switching to public release if you were receiving Insider updates).

Still no luck? This might not be required, but if you don't mind try hard-resetting your device. Or finally using Windows Device Recovery Tool to flash the software.

If you need to know detailed steps on how to do the above ask me in the comment.

I reinstalled the app and it is working fine now, although I don't know if I really should need to worry about reinstalling apps and soft resetting my phone after updating them. It's understandable to do that if there are some OS issues present, but not because of a simple app update.

@TgeekB I have mTalk installed but can you actually view WC articles via mTalk? I know you can use it for forums and I primarily use the Windows Central app for articles only since it never works for making a post or a thread on the forums so I just wait until I have access to my desktop PC and post then.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I reinstalled the app and it is working fine now, although I don't know if I really should need to worry about reinstalling apps and soft resetting my phone after updating them. It's understandable to do that if there are some OS issues present, but not because of a simple app update.

@TgeekB I have mTalk installed but can you actually view WC articles via mTalk? I know you can use it for forums and I primarily use the Windows Central app for articles only since it never works for making a post or a thread on the forums so I just wait until I have access to my desktop PC and post then.

For me, the articles show up as posts and then I have to follow the link to look the whole article.
I'm not sure if there's a way to go right to the front page or blog.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen