Issues with 4Tb ssd

Slimited1993

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum to try and solve an issue I have with 2 new 4Tb SSDs that I have installed to take over from my hard drives.

First off, I replaced my boot hard drive with a 1Tb SSD with no problems so I decided to upgrade the other hard drives to SSDs. Copied the whole C: drive to the new 1Tb SSD using EaseUS with no problems. I then decided to replace my 2 hard drives with 2x4Tb SSDs. I have the same issues with both drives. I have tried the below but I'm now running out of possible solutions.

I have checked the Bios on the MB and it says the disk is supported, the AHCI is enabled, all the SATA connections are SATA III, the sectors are all 4k aligned, a surface scan is all good but I'm having issues copying data to the SSD. I got some data across and I can access the data that's there but I can't seem to copy any more accross. It freezes at 49% and explorer freezes. Other programs run for a while, I.e Edge, but not for long. I have to reboot to get back to a working system.

Can anyone help me to find where the problem is. I guess it might be configuration related but I don't know.
Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 585887

In my opinion,
Your Operating System, which is windows... I think, has corrupted. So, I recommend try installing fresh windows instead of copying the C drive from older drive to newer one. When windows files get corrupted then it works for some time and then freezes/crashes mid way while performing any task.

By the way, I usually don't use forums. I reached here searching about NVMe SSDs. I read your query and registered here. Maybe I could help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

hozalp

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like you've encountered some frustrating issues while trying to upgrade your hard drives to SSDs. Since you've already checked the BIOS settings, AHCI configuration, and drive compatibility, here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can try:

First, let's double-check all the connections. Sometimes, even the slightest looseness in the SATA cables can cause problems. Make sure everything is snugly plugged in.

Next, it might be worth checking if your power supply unit is providing enough juice to support the new SSDs. Sometimes, inadequate power can lead to instability and data transfer issues.

Have you checked if there are any firmware updates available for your SSDs? Manufacturers often release updates to address compatibility issues and improve performance.

Also, try connecting each SSD individually to see if the problem persists with both drives or if it's specific to one of them. This can help us narrow down the issue.

If you're still having trouble, it might be a good idea to run diagnostic tools provided by the SSD manufacturer. These tools can help identify any errors or issues with the drives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria