Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have just bought a brand new white 535 for my wife and i have tested it, there are no touch issues, and judging by the pictures here it already has an improved screen.
My wife is very happy with her new Lumia.

Braden Jennings

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I parallel imported the dual sim version into New Zealand for my dad - his first smartphone. I've been a big supporter of Windows Phone up to now. Unfortunately even with latest updates (Hong Kong country variant) the touch experience is poor, inconsistent and sometimes beyond frustration (ghost letter activation, bad vertical and horizontal scrolling, inconsistent swype keyboard, and pinch to zoom). This recommendation is now an embarrassment for me, and Microsoft lack of owning up to hardware issue really makes we wonder if this platform has a future. Better to own up to a mistake than hide it... customer experience is what really matters

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I parallel imported the dual sim version into New Zealand for my dad - his first smartphone. I've been a big supporter of Windows Phone up to now. Unfortunately even with latest updates (Hong Kong country variant) the touch experience is poor, inconsistent and sometimes beyond frustration (ghost letter activation, bad vertical and horizontal scrolling, inconsistent swype keyboard, and pinch to zoom). This recommendation is now an embarrassment for me, and Microsoft lack of owning up to hardware issue really makes we wonder if this platform has a future. Better to own up to a mistake than hide it... customer experience is what really matters
Hey only lumia 535 suffers lumia 640 don't have such issues.

iohanna

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I might actually believe that Microsoft is silently replacing "fixed" touch panels on those units that were sent on repair. I tried to view the sensors on my touch panel as well, no matter how I try to put a light on every angle I can't see it unlike that of msirapian.

I can still use my device but it is quite annoying to know that those issues still exist. I am just using a screen guard so I don't notice the bug that much. And I don't think replacement touch panels are available in my country. :( I am from the Philippines.

Abdalrahman Gamal

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 535 touch issue

Okay after i updated to latest versions of firmware and windows 8.1 update 2

everything seems fine but i cann't register 5 fingers on phone when i use 2 fingers while writing it get's laggy a little sometime while using it still go laggy

i went to (RAYA) they just used mob for couple of second the problem didn't showed while they using it and they just said there's no problem we cannot fix something had no problem !

how can i fix it, can i ask them to change touch panel and front panel ? or this is not available ?!

how can i get raid of this issue !

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

For those who are asking, the catalan Nokia Care people seemed to be aware of the problem already plus they were nice and friendly. Anyway, I called them previously so they ordered the touch panel and when they received it I went to the care center by myself since I didn't wanna be with no phone for weeks so I had it fixed the same day. It took me the whole day but it was worth it.

Now my Lumia 535 is working as any other cell phone should. However I'm planning selling it and getting a more powerful device since I bought it just to try Windows Phone (and I loved it!). The 535 is pretty good though.

Abdalrahman Gamal

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks like Asia Region, Dual SIM?

You would be on the latest official which is 8.1.1 + Denim?

There is an 8.1.2 planned, but that is OS features I believe. Not sure if more Firmware is coming with that.

Have you tried Settings > touch > toggle the screen sesativity?

Check out the 535 user forums. There may be some threads on the issue.

don't have option to toggle the screen sensetivity?

and i already have denim with windows 8.1 update 2

and all previous updates. for windows and firmwares

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I might actually believe that Microsoft is silently replacing "fixed" touch panels on those units that were sent on repair. I tried to view the sensors on my touch panel as well, no matter how I try to put a light on every angle I can't see it unlike that of msirapian.

I can still use my device but it is quite annoying to know that those issues still exist. I am just using a screen guard so I don't notice the bug that much. And I don't think replacement touch panels are available in my country. :( I am from the Philippines.

I've just been to a service center in the Philippines (claimed my L1020 after repair) and I saw a lady queue up ahead of me, in her hands was a box that looked exactly like the box of my L535*. I couldn't hear her conversation with the service center representative though, but I heard the words "hindi nag-ch-charge" (not charging) and "nagloloko yung screen" (screen doesn't respond as expected).

You may contact the official Twitter handle of Lumia and inquire about their stand on the L535 screen issue, if the service center will replace the screen under warranty: @LumiaHelp.

Or you may contact the official service center if you want before going there and check if they are aware of the screen issues of the L535.

I didn't have the screen of my L535 replaced since a recent update seemed to have improved the screen reliability - there's actually a whole thread on that here in the forums.

And welcome to Windows Central.:cool:

*- Not sure if was an L535, though. Her hands were covering the print and she was at least 10 feet away.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's something that should answer questions about the 15114 firmware update for the Lumia 535.

I've contacted Microsoft and here's their response to my query. My question was: "For the Lumia 535 (Single and Dual SIM), was Firmware Rev # 02063.00000.15114.43004 an attempt to fix the screen issues?"

Their response:

[INFO]"Yes. You may also check that here: lumia.ms/1buc3PD. The link will work regardless of your location. ^RA"[/INFO]
In the link they gave, the first bullet under "What's new in this release" states: "Touch screen performance improvements". Note however that this is the "latest software release for Lumia 535 Dual SIM... Lumia Denim (02063.00000.15114.430xx/8.10.14234.375)".

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have just received my phone from Nokia Care Spain (it was the second time I sent the device because in the first the problem was not solved) and now works fine! :) There aren't touch issues! The multitouch test app register correctly 1-5 fingers. The solution, as you all, was change the touch panel. Like another user published, the new touch panel has two circles on the left side of front camera (I think it is proximity sensor).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this info. Looks like we're all going to agree that indeed having the touch panel replaced is a conclusive solution to the touch screen issue of the L535 - this also suggests the degree of Microsoft's product support for their users.

And yes, those two circles are for the proximity sensor and the ambient light sensor.

On a side note, (for diegalex and msirapian) would you have observed the responsiveness of the automatic brightness setting now that the sensors are more visible?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
gpobernardo said:
On a side note, (for diegalex and msirapian) would you have observed the responsiveness of the automatic brightness setting now that the sensors are more visible?

The auto brightness is certainly responding faster (I've just tried it, under a bulb, hiding the sensors with my fingers and removing them suddenly).

This being said, it's far from perfect: the process is not continuous but discrete. And even in low, it seems brighter than in auto.

I've read that GDR2 fixes that, I can't tell, still on 8.1.1 (and still waiting for that 02063 firmware in France BTW).

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welp...
My 535 is coming back from repair.
Due to arrive by FedEx in 2 days after being without the device for 6 weeks.

Hoping for the best here...
Fingers crossed!

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Like msirapian, I have also noticed the change. The change in brightness is much smoother and progressive. In my old panel was rough.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The auto brightness is certainly responding faster (I've just tried it, under a bulb, hiding the sensors with my fingers and removing them suddenly).

This being said, it's far from perfect: the process is not continuous but discrete. And even in low, it seems brighter than in auto.

I've read that GDR2 fixes that, I can't tell, still on 8.1.1 (and still waiting for that 02063 firmware in France BTW).

I think the phone is "designed" to respond to an increase in brightness faster than a decrease in brightness - in my L1020, it takes around 1.25 seconds for the screen to brightness after the screen is placed under bright light, but it takes around 9 seconds for the screen to dim down after the source of bright light is removed.

Also, I think the auto-low brightness is dimmer than the manual low brightness setting - this has been mentioned somewhere in the forums back in late 2014 I think.

Nonetheless, that is much better than how the screen on my L535 behaves - the touch might have been improved but auto-brightness setting isn't reliable: it's most of the time so dark outdoors, but then too bright in a dark room (reversed auto-brightness behavior?).

Like msirapian, I have also noticed the change. The change in brightness is much smoother and progressive. In my old panel was rough.

That's great news! In the screen of the L535 I used to own (now my sister's), the auto-brightness setting is usually not reliable.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I. Also have Lumia 535ds..
You can see the punncttuuatiion ,, double letters.
Yes.. That's ttthe problem whiich is not being solved yet .

Touch senstivitty while charginngg..

I salutte u MS..
FIIRST MS PHONE SUCKKS. I'll NEVER recommend it. To my loved ones even my enemiees also.. Its hardware quality is below 0..

I'll definitely switch to Nokia's relaunnch phone next. Year....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom