Lumia 650 battery?

legend2

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I have a plan to buy a lumia 650 but i have heard that the battery is awful.I want to ask owners of L650 that how is the battery?
Actually i am a normal user and i don't play game or surf in internet more maybe use Excel and read some books and listen to some music.Does it last for 1 full day?
Thanks

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I have a plan to buy a lumia 650 but i have heard that the battery is awful.I want to ask owners of L650 that how is the battery?
Actually i am a normal user and i don't play game or surf in internet more maybe use Excel and read some books and listen to some music.Does it last for 1 full day?
Thanks

Your case, it should last a day

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite satisfied with L650's battery life. I would say it powers my phone for 1.5 day in average and i would also consider myself as a normal user, no games, internet maybe 2-3 times per day for like 15 minutes in total, music ~2 hours daily, not much talk time and no Excel..
These days i'm testing it with battery saver turn on right from 100% and so far, i'm on 2 days and 21 hours with 11% remaining.

I think majority of a hate comes from users who never had L650 in their hands and are judging it only by a number "2000mAh" in specs and not taking into account that 650 has low battery consumption since it's low-end SoC + oled.
Otoh, it's true that Lumia 640 has much better battery..

bhaspence

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the 550 and there's not much difference in battery size. I love my phone but the battery life is shocking. Has to be charged daily for light to moderate use.

legend2

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Guys thanks for your answers i plan to buy a L650 in few days if somebody else has comment please write it here
Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the battery isn't inherently bad but I do see comparisons with the previous generation 640, which has a 25% larger battery for fairly similar hardware.

pablitz gomez

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
hi out of the box question.... I'm asking if do you have any idea if where can we buy an extra battery for Lumia 650? I cant find it in amazon and I don't have idea in MS stores.. tnx.. :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hi out of the box question.... I'm asking if do you have any idea if where can we buy an extra battery for Lumia 650? I cant find it in amazon and I don't have idea in MS stores.. tnx.. :)

For whatever reason extra batteries for Microsoft's new Lumia's are rather hard to find, I'm not sure what's going on personally.

Aeroview

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
So I get my 650 tomorrow, my first WP.

Other people have made good points about battery usage. I add:

don't forget about screen brightness. My dad leaves his at 100% but says his phone's battery is bad. I told him that's a Cardinal Sin in the smartphone world

Also, 2 phones ago, I had the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Reviews across the web said 2 days battery. Nope. Why not? I eventually found 2 reviews (Tech Radar and I think Expert Reviews) which correctly picked out 2 particular functions which abnormally and drastically reduced battery. In some cases, wi-fi usage. But the real culprit was mobile data. Without mobile data, great battery. Use apps/read the web - battery drains in front of your eyes. Perhaps it was the chipset - Qualcomm Snapdragon 615. I think so. It has "vampire 4G". This is harder to spot in reviews but happens...

Hopefully the 650 doesn't have any "vampire spots" / drains on the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria