Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mysterious battery drain - need your opinions.

Nothing in the background, no tabs open.Remember, of ypur battery drains and there is no jest on the cover - most likely network is sucking battery life of your Lumia 920. :)

florde

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

How long does your battery live? Mine doesn't even get me through half a day. That can't be correct.

How long did your battery hold when you got the phone?

smills11

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this odd problem: I implemented all the suggestions I could find to maximize battery life on my Lumia 920, which helped, but this one oddity remained: if I fully charge my phone before bed, I'm down to about 84-86% in the morning. However, if I turn my phone off and back on, the battery meter resets to 100% and declines normally until the next charge. I'd love to stop adding this step to my life, but at least it's not very time-consuming :-/ I wonder if anyone has notified Nokia of this anomaly...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

From what I see there are different kinds of battery problems. Some are just caused by apps, but mine is different... My battery has no significant drain, but about 2-4% per hour on idle, this is kind of abnormal, it's like ~20% overnight. I noticed that the battery meter itself is not accurate, i.e. it shows different readings after restarts, so I tried calibrating it as well as resetting the phone, none seems to work so far. I don't know if this issue belongs to hardware or software. Because I checked many Lumia online communities and lots people have similar issue, so hopefully it is just an OS bug that will get fixed in the near future. (The bad news is that both Nokia and MS have said nothing about it...)

Exchange your phone, 20% overnight drain on idle is not normal. You would have to have nokia drive and a bunch other crap going on to get that type of drain.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

With a lot of frustration, I have been experiencing high battery drain also, with the phone staying warm even while idle.
Following various comments, fixes, could be' on various forums, I hard reset my new, less than one week old, phone.
I was kind of annoyed, surprised it took a very long time to recover, with a picture of gears churning on the screen.
Finally it booted up with a message, reset or restore. Wasn't expecting the choice. I chose restore to see what's up.
There was an amazing amount of stuff to restore.
After restore completed, my phone was still having battery drain issues. I decided to check out what this back up and restore thing was.
Pardon me I never read the manual. No need to go into discussion of the process.
I then chose to disable back up and restore, soft reset, and boom. Battery usage is now at -2%/hr. instead of -12-20% idle.
Have any of you tried this?

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

As I posted in another thread, it seems there is definitely some sort of environmental factor with this. I belong to a couple of different gaming groups and if I go to one location starting with a 100% charge, I leave wifi on, leave blue tooth on, and am running an app constantly. With that, after about 5 hours, I still have about 1/4 to 1/3 of the battery left. At the other location I go to, again, with a 100% charge, I turn the wifi off, turn the blue tooth off and running the app, after about 3.5 hours, the phone is completely dead. Every now and then, at work, I have massive battery drains, but it's pretty inconsistent. But these two different locations is a constant.

DonUnder

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

If Microsoft had done the obvious thing and let us SEE what apps are using battery power then it would be so much easier to diagnose these issues and force the app devs to fix their shoddy code.

Get a grip MS. I've only had a Lumia 920 for a few months and i'm beginning to regret it already.

itssimplyjeff1

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

my battery has been draining at a faster rate as well. it started like 2 days ago. i used to make it the whole day and get to like 50% when i got home, but now its at like 20% and i havent insalled anything new..

Tobzr

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Top 10 method to increase Battery Life for Lumia 920

The backlight doesnt turn off just because the "liquid crystals" not letting the light throw. But however this did help on the lumia 800 and 900 because of the amoled (oled). :)
One thing that drags battery is the animations of course. :)

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
How you turn off 3g/4g/wifi ? The only way that comes to my mind is by turning airplane mode on but the phone will be useless. And we don't have the option of choosing between 2g/3g/4g or LTE on AT&T

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

How you turn off 3g/4g/wifi ? The only way that comes to my mind is by turning airplane mode on but the phone will be useless. And we don't have the option of choosing between 2g/3g/4g or LTE on AT&T

You can turn cellular data on or off. In areas with poor cell coverage, it's been suggested that turning cell data off with wifi turned on will improve battery life. You'll still receive calls/SMS over cell, but all data will be requested over wifi. Of course, this requires a wireless network to connect to.

To turn off data on AT&T 920:
  1. Go to settings
  2. Cellular
  3. Data connection: choose either on or off

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I read somewhere in this forum where someone did something to his lumia 920 to get impressive battery life. His method was making an outlook email and set it up in wp8. Then, link other email accounts such as yahoo, hotmail and gmail to the outlook account. The reason why he did not use normal gmail setup was because gmail will constantly reading to the server even though it has been closed. I did not fully understand it either but it surely works! Before applying this method, my max battery life as stated in battery info was 16 hours. Surprisingly after doing the outlook method it increase to 1 day and 12 hours. That's a very big difference i must say. Another thing is turn the screen brightness to low. Hope this helps.

I've added a screenshot. Have a look.

do you remember where this post is? this sounds interesting.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Erratic battery life

I'm really, really trying hard to love my Lumia 920. For three months I put up with the erratic, if not worrying battery life. Its not like I had overheating issues or anything; I figured it was bad coding on some apps. I've held off on posting about this, but today was the last straw.

On a good day, my battery can last over 18 hours with the battery draining about 2% an hour. Lately, however, I've been experiencing pretty terrible battery. I'm talking 20% battery drops in a couple of hours, just listening to music (not streaming) I even got a battery app, and it showed drastic idle drops when not in use, even in airplane mode! Even weirder, I soft reseted my phone today and suddenly I lost no battery life for over 3 hours on idle, not one percent. Afterwards it continued dropping like crazy.

I've checked and rechecked all of my background apps and I follow all the tips, so much that its starting to become a real pain trying to get this phone working properly. I love Nokia, but Microsoft's OS bugs are really starting to get to me. How do I fix this? :c

kennethsd

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Erratic battery life

I know how you feel. It's sad to know that a lot of people with the phone are getting the best battery life possible while the rest are getting the worst. I really hope they have some kind of update soon to maybe fix this, because I hate seeing my phone die so fast.

kmchristen

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Erratic battery life

Do a hard reset on it. Go to about - reset phone. Save what you need to skydive. I had the same issue and it leveled it out dramatically. If I get on the wpcentral that will wipe my battery, but I've been off the charger for 13 hours and have 55% with moderate use. That is a typical battery day and as good as I have had with any other smart phone. I think sometimes software doesn't load correctly.

harsharockzzz

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

On a FUNNY NOTE why don't we just build a emulator and keep the phone on standby and connected to computer.. Use mobile apps and everything on computer? I'm sure this way phone won't come down from 100% ever :D :D :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9dog161616