Lumia 928, to be released on April 25th?

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Kinda pisses me off. If the phone is "announced" next Thursday, we still don't know if it will be available to preorder that day. For those of us who have been impatiently waiting for this phone all year, this is frustrating. We keep hearing that Microsoft and Verizon and are going to heavily promote the 928. They still have not even confirmed this phone! I am sure they will heavily promote it, but we most likely won't get our hands on it until mid may. By that point, the catwalk and eos will be announced. We may even hear more about this supposed phablet. Obviously, none of us knows why it hasn't been released(exception of honestabe). However, it feels like it is being delayed. Specs are not everything to me, but I will find it hard to want to buy this phone now knowing there will be better phones coming out (or at least being announced) shortly after it's release... At&t clearly supports windows phone. I am not sold that Verizon does. At this point, I may hold off buying the 928 until i learn more about the other devices..

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Kinda pisses me off. If the phone is "announced" next Thursday, we still don't know if it will be available to preorder that day. For those of us who have been impatiently waiting for this phone all year, this is frustrating. We keep hearing that Microsoft and Verizon and are going to heavily promote the 928. They still have not even confirmed this phone! I am sure they will heavily promote it, but we most likely won't get our hands on it until mid may. By that point, the catwalk and eos will be announced. We may even hear more about this supposed phablet. Obviously, none of us knows why it hasn't been released(exception of honestabe). However, it feels like it is being delayed. Specs are not everything to me, but I will find it hard to want to buy this phone now knowing there will be better phones coming out (or at least being announced) shortly after it's release... At&t clearly supports windows phone. I am not sold that Verizon does. At this point, I may hold off buying the 928 until i learn more about the other devices..

This is why Nokia only sold 400,000 units in North America in the first quarter.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like Nokia intentionally wanted low number quarter, so they can release all these phone in the next one and have a very strong next quarter. They are doing well everywhere but the US, because there is only one Flagship, and it's on the worst nation wide network.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like Nokia intentionally wanted low number quarter, so they can release all these phone in the next one and have a very strong next quarter. They are doing well everywhere but the US, because there is only one Flagship, and it's on the worst nation wide network.

Sprint didn't get the 920 :p

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I asked the chat support on verizonwireless.com about the 928 and she indicated it would 'be available for summer' - so that confirms its coming, just not when, excepting before June 21st. :)

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

That would explain a lot. If you are right, I hope this strategy pays off.

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is any one else a little worried that launching this so late will hurt it's chances for adoption. Just in these forums the wait has caused people that know more about this phone than the average person to consider the Z10 or leaving Verizon for the 920. Now it appears it won't launch with a month's time between itself and the Galaxy S4. I'm still going to get one, but that's because I'm invested in Windows Phone. I don't think this is going to be enough time to really get the public invested in this device before Verizon stops pushing it. On top of that, the people who have been waiting also seem to be getting pretty frustrated, and I'm worried that for some the phone won't live up to the expectations we've all been holding for so long now. Although, I waited forever for the Trophy as well and I was fully satisfied with it even though it did have shortcomings. Hopefully we'll all end up happy and the phone will have enough time to get some proper adoption from people not already in love with Windows Phone.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree, but maybe the holdup is Nokia building proper inventory for launch. Maybe Verizon wants at least 10 of each color for every store & resellers likes best buy. I'd rather have it delayed & released with in being in stock than released early & it being out of stock.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but maybe the holdup is Nokia building proper inventory for launch. Maybe Verizon wants at least 10 of each color for every store & resellers likes best buy. I'd rather have it delayed & released with in being in stock than released early & it being out of stock.

I hope that's the case. It'd be even more frustrating if it finally came out and then we couldn't get our hands on it again.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just remember what Honestabebread said about the cost differential with WP8 devices and Android. It's 3 digits. VZW clearly wants a cheaper alternative to reduce their costs and reduce the influence Samsung has on their business (they don't want two Apple iPhone like products where the companies dictate terms to VZW. They want the network to standout and be the driver. If the cost differential is what he stated, I can guarantee you that they are going to push the 928 very hard. It will sell, and sell a lot. I'm, frankly, not worried at all. The Lumia phones are also making more money per phone for Nokia and they just started releasing their whole line to a ton of countries.

At the end of the day, the 928 will sell in volumes because it's easy to sell if the sales force is told to push it and learns how to use it, which is pretty much what happened with the original Droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz