Lumia 930|W10M users I need your help urgently!

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site
On windows 10 i recorded 4k and 1080p and had no problem also on calls is working good.Maybe is a part of phones that had a problem or bug on windows 10.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
To sum things up... Here is a statement issued by Windows Audio Quality team member on reddit.com/r/windowsphone

"Hi, Windows Audio Quality guy here. Here's what we think we know about the microphone issues on the Lumia 930.

1. The Lumia 930 uses several microphone elements that work together to deliver sound to the OS.

2. Due to known hardware issues, sometimes these microphone elements go bad and stop producing sound. When this happens, they don't ever fix themselves. So you are now in a situation where only some elements are producing sound, and others are not.

3. Different apps record audio in different ways. Depending on which element(s) went bad, and how the apps record audio, things might seem to work anyway, or you might get silence.

4. The built-in Camera app changed the way it recorded audio between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. So some users might notice that going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 breaks recording video... and other users might notice that going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 fixes recording video! It all depends on which elements went bad.

5. The only way to fix the problem, that we know of, is to replace the phone."

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
What he is basically saying is that the 930 has known hardware issues with the microphones which can cause the OS not to receive any sound in certain circumstances.

As the 930 uses an array of mics and the OS picks the sound by a algorithm of different mics, then it depends on what mic is faulty and what OS/FW you have as to what fault you see.

Makes sense to me as mine went faulty when on Cyan, but after upgrading to Denim it was still faulty...but in different ways. I think Skype started working, but hands free stopped, although that was 9 months or so ago so can't be sure, eventually the phone was replaced.

It all boils down to faulty hardware which will need replacing.

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Lumia 930 user and I have a temporary fix for this. To record a video with audio, plug in your earpiece that have a mouthpiece to the phone and record it... It works and it solves this problem. A temporary way till we wait for this issue to fix by Microsoft!...