Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Powerman777

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a 950 issue or a W10M issue, but after the last update (to 10586.318) I no longer have the option to assign sounds to anything but the phone ringtone. My phone does not make any sound for texts, messages, notifications or anything else. Only the ringtone and keyboard make any sound at all. Anyone else have this issue and, if so, do you know how to fix it? My wife is ready to kill me for not answering her texts...

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
when you are on a phone call, there is no way of figuring out how much battery you have left. Like right now, I cannot see how much power left. Is there a way?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not exactly a bug but I still want to share the pain. Since the facebook app is notoriously slow, I use the mobile version of facebook on edge. But when you are scrolling edge (or the facebook mobile page) is too quick to register your initial touch as a button press. and if you are not careful about where you initially touch on the page you may end up liking or 'loving' random posts, or even accidentally adding people. I don't remember this being a problem with any another phone. I've been using smart phones for so many years I'm guessing my scrolling patterns has not changed unless I'm developing some parkinson's. Seriously, facebook situation is annoying.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
another 'not a bug but it's annoying' issue is that the Bluetooth button at the action center. In windows phone 8.1 you would simply click it and it would change it's color as a feedback (not tactile but still). It would turn on Bluetooth either immediately or after a while, but once you see the feedback you can continue doing whatever you're doing.

In windows phone 10 you have to wait until the Bluetooth turns on to see the feedback from the button. Which can take a couple of seconds. Why do I have to meaninglessly stare to the screen try to decide if my click/touch is registered or should I click again. If you click again then it's a disaster. What's the purpose of this lag, which seems to be non existent for flash light for example. Why did they have to change the behavior that was working really well in 8.1? If the Bluetooth fails to start, while it shouldn't, I can go back and check. May be it's not a big deal. but there are so many of these little deals.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
data usage details show Facebook used 4.06gb of data in the last month. I don't even use Facebook app. I use the webpage. It's not even in battery usage top 10 list. If you are wondering where did you use you data or how your battery is drained. I think this is the answer. Facebook constantly tries to sync your facebook contacts and calendar events to your phone contacts and events. Which is not a bad thing. But If I'm not mistaken previously (windows 8.1) this was handled by microsoft servers to figure out the differences and sync them then they were sent to your phone. Now the burden is on your phone. It seems like constantly downloading high resolution profile pictures. Correct me if I'm wrong or explain to me, why the heck an app that I don't open uses 4gb data, or why the syncing takes forever, and how it is so efficient that it doesn't even show up in battery usage while downloading this 4gb of data.

None of these problems existed in 8.1. There were other problems that I expected to be better in windows 10, but this is ridiculous.

azbay

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I am so disappointed with my 950 I can't even tell you. I have had cheap WP's for years and loved them! WP7-WP8.1, great experiences and never wanted to go to an android or iOS....ever. All my other WP's cost $100 or less. I decided to treat myself and finally buy a high end smart phone this year. First time ever. My god what a crap decision. I really just want all my money back. This thing crashes all the time, randomly changes settings, live tiles stop syncing, stop displaying incoming messages, Cortana NEVER works when you need it. Whats the point if you have to go in and relaunch her? When Im driving and I say Hey Cortana, wake up! Hello sucks, only works indoors and at night. The list goes on for days and I don't want to type it all. Now they take away Onedrive storage space?? The only thing better about this phone than my budget ones is that the screen is bigger and looks sharper. So disappointed and upset about spending my hard earned money on this device and MS just doesnt care. I am a loyal MS customer and they won't help me or make things right, they just push blame. Saddens me. I think I may just throw it away and give up on telephones. Call my landline and maybe I'll be home.....

lavanya123

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi ,

Today i purchased a new lumia 950. Below are the issues.
- SIM is detected but no signal (done force restart also)
-My phone is not detecting Bluetooth devices
- small pink light at left top corner when mobile is swiched on

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi @lavanya123 where are you located and how much you paid? Try updating to latest firmware and OS (either stable to testing version) - also note new release is coming next week ! Browse around this forum for lots of threads with useful info.

ryunraiju

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello. My lumia 950 does wrong while editing slow motion. I have rs1 393.5 and all apps updated. After recording all is ok. Problem comes after editing slow motion video. its look like this. 128764d1469229557t-wp_ss_20160722_0001.jpg
Im sure microsoft photos is guilty. Someone got the same?

Stocklone

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a random issue where I can't move around the photo I just took with one finger after I zoom using a two finger pinch. Been like that since early July I think.

Paul Stoner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Few problems I have noticed with build 14393.5 (Preview Release) on my AT&T locked Lumia 950...

1) Through the audio jack, headphones OR aux cord to jack into my car, all audio is garbled, and sounds like a combination of poor web-streaming, and totally missing an audio channel. If I roll back to production, the issue does not exist.

2) Audio coming out of the phone speaker with 14393.5 is majorly degraded - again, if I rollback to production, the audio quality is great.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950 on Latest Insider Build 14393.5
Noticed a battery Icon % issue that COULD be causing Battery drain /reporting issues.
I noticed today that my Battery icon was about 1/2 full.
I plugged my phone into my charger, I left my office for about 20 mins.
When I came back, I noticed phone was charging and showed 64% charged.
I decided to reboot my phone while still charging, It rebooted and now shows Fully Charged 100%!!
As I write this note, My Lumia is unplugged and I checked icon is now showing 99%.
Seems like a charging Bug to me... anyone else confirm on theirs?
I sent feedback to Microsoft..
Thanks, dave

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Got a 950 from ATT yesterday, ran it to 14393.5 and then wiped it. restored my 830 backup and it works fine except it randomly freezes at the glance screen, only a battery take out will fix it.

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I actually had similar issues with my Lumia 950 when trying out various insider previews (slow and fast ring). My fix was doing a factory reset and not using any previous restore points when resetting my phone. I simply let my phone grab the latest updates and reinstalled my apps and re-set up my accounts. Since then my phone has been operating perfectly with no resets and no issues using dual languages (English/Thai). Hope this helps.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
on 14393.5 my battery life is terrible, I can leave the phone sit by itself for 6 hours and lose 30% battery. The phone says its Edge and Start. I don't get it. I might go back to 10586, I really wanted the panorama in the camera app tho.

mvg2013

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
The touchscreen of my Lumia 950 behave strangely: A simple touch on the screen is changing suddenly in horizontal scroll, or when typing, the input is moving randomly and the result is different for what you want. This is not a permanent situation, sometimes is happening, sometimes not, and is present even on redstone with hard reset. I don't received the double tap firmware. What do you think, is something connected to a hardware or a software issue? There's also a small repetitive noise in the back speaker, you can hear it when is silence. Thanks!

Ntois

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
How is the battery with 10586.545?
How many hours per day do you make?
For example my phone in 2 hours which included 2-3 phonecalls of 2 minutes each , 10-15 minutes messaging via fb messenger, 1 soft reset and using the phone for about 15-20 minutes in settings lost 10%. Is that ok or not?

I have automatic brightness, no power save and wifi on only 40 minutes from 120.
No updates, no uploads and no downloads during the two hours.

when the phone is locked with all data closed, how much battery do you lose per hour.
Thanks

Ntois

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I believe it is hardware, do a hard reset and a clean install of apps, no back up , remove the sd card if you use one.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Does my glance screen info have to float over the screen at some time, or stay same place all the time? My friend has Lumia 650 and the glance screen is floating, mine (950) stays one place all time :/ ?

Maytag87

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I have so many problems with my 950, I do not know where to start. I am at OS Build 10.0.10586.545 and my phone was bought retail from AT&T. I had an early release phone, and got it swapped out in December or so after being plauged with lots of problems. I have a couple of annoying problems that make me think Windows Phone has no future
- Bring up the text application. Try to attach a picture that was taken by the phone camera by clicking the paper clip. Select 1 picture from the list of pictures. It will think about it, and often crash out of the texting app. When it works, it returns to the text message page, and says attaching. Then start typing a message to go along with the picture. Often it crashes out of texting. This happens most often when attaching a picture to a text message. Text messages with only text seems to work more reliably, but not perfectly - read below.
- When texting, it can take a 2-3 minutes for a text message to leave my phone. While the text is stuck sending, no new text messages are received. IPhone people can send me 5-10 text messages, while my one message is taking 2-3 minutes to get out. They blame my phone, or think I do not communicate much. This may be AT&T, not sure.
- Battery life is poor. If I use Battery Saver, that helps a lot. Operating without that will result in a dead phone in 4 hours
- Speech to text barely works when texting. From a text message, click the microphone. It goes into Listening mode. I will talk and sometimes it hears me, or other times it has no network connection. When it hears me and gets what I say, I may want to edit it. Trying to edit the text message can cause the keyboard to get "stuck" and you cannot type anything. Go back to desktop. Then go back to text messages. Try to type a text message and you see no keyboard come up. A few minutes later, the keyboard will work again.
- Sometimes my Text tile or Photo tile does not respond when I touch them. I hit it 10 times, and may be it will come up, as if it took 10 or more seconds for it to work.
- It happened the last couple of days that I press the power button on my phone. The screen stays on as if I never pressed it. Today I held the power button and vol down button and eventually it did a soft reset today, but the screen took awhile for it to respond to the power button.
- Sometimes I want to take a pic with the phone. I hit the camera button, point and shoot. The phone gets stuck for a few seconds and then reboots. When it comes up, the phone did not even get the picture you tried to take!

Texting is a pretty basic, core functionality. It seems that we cannot even get that right with a flagship phone!

Thanks!
Maytag87