Lumia 950 XL Random Reboots

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
For all those who bought new batteries and the rebooting stopped, I want to know at what % did you allow the phone to go before charging it again. Mine went to about 20% and as I was in WhatsApp it shutdown on me. My battery saver setting was at 20% and it shut down just before reaching that setting. True in that I've not had any reboots as I bought and using a new 🔋 and I also did the WDRT on my L950XL. So are the shutdowns and reboots truly gone or are they still there but don't occur as often as before because we charge our devices when they hit a certain %. TBH these devices should run up until 5% charge but I believe it's a battery + OS optimization issue.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
New battery arrived for me 2 days ago. 2 days in, no reboots or random green flash shutdowns!

Wonder if hammering the battery with quick charge tech and usb-c isn't doing these batterys any good??

derrieger

May 17, 2017
Visit site
My phone rebooted randomly at any given percentage and any taken action. Sometimes it got very hot shortly before it stopped responding. So my reboot issues also were sometimes hanging issues. Both were resolved quite completely by exchanging the battery. No random reboot, at all and one single hanging device / os.

To be honest, I don't allow the phone to go below 20% at the moment, because I have several charging opportunities and can rely on the phone making it 24 hours through the rest of the day with one charge a day. It only went off once when I forgot to charge it, but that's not very representative^^

md_bluelily

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
My 950xl was in a bad mood due to battery problem. I didn't have a chance with ebay or mytrendyphone (expensive fake battery - £50).
I came across this one last week and I've not encountered any reboot or crash or anything so far.

kriticalglitch

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL single Sim
Version: 1703
OS build: 10.0.15063.540

Phone ran great for a long time no problems at all. But lately since update ive been getting horrible random reboots and id go to turn the screen on it just flickers green and ive gotta press the buttons for a hard reset. Guessing the OEM battery that came with it is maybe about two years old or less.

Ran field medic to try and see what is going on also removed all facebook twitter instagram apps

MoAppCrash Microsoft.Messaging_3.30 is what field medic has reported as the crash problem

So i went on amazon
Miscrosoft Lumia 950 XL Lumia 940 XL RM-1118 Replace Battery BV-T4D
for 25$ shipped hoping this helps the problems

Will report back. SHAME on MICROSOFT for not caring and also for ending the microsoft band 2. loyalty gets ya nowhere with this company that doesnt care about its loyal customers ive been a user since nokia 1520 windows 7 had barely any crashes.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254