Many of my "already installed" apps say "App is not available in this region". Pls HELP!

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Many of my "already installed" apps say "App is not available in this region". Pls HELP!

I have many apps installed on my Lumia 920.

When I log into my windowsphone.com account all of the apps (and apps that I
have uninstalled) are listed in my purchase history.

Some of the currently installed and working apps show "App is not available in this region" in my purchase history.
I know that can't be the case because fundamental apps such as "call+SMS filter, Nokia Camera Beta, Nokia Account, Extras+info,
Accessories, Here Drive+" etc... all state "not available in this region".

I am in the United States and my phone's region and language is set up for US.
I even re-set the phone and started from scratch yet the issue persists. Microsoft support can't seem to figure out why I am having this problem.

Every PC I have used to log into my account displays the same "App is not available in this region" in my purchase history.
I have verified that all of those PC's regions are correctly set to U.S.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.....Mel

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Many of my "already installed" apps say "App is not available in this region". Pls HELP!

Yep, I got a similar situation on my device too. Apps like Moliplayer Pro show up that way and I paid for that joint. I had to root around WPCentral for the original resource to get that again. Which is a pain. I expect these are still the growing pains of this device but some of this stuff to me boarders on carelessness. I had to reset my phone when the Black update failed and I expected my "backed up" apps to be recovered. They were not so this is rank carelessness on the part of the devs at Microsoft. The other two platforms do a better job at recovery. I'll just leave it there.

BTW, Here and those others apps will download. Cancel the download things requiring attention and wait.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Many of my "already installed" apps say "App is not available in this region". Pls HELP!

I've seen this also. If you click it and go to the store page for the app and install it from there, the app will still install, though.

jabba_29

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Alternatively you should also be able to reinstall from your purchase history page on the website.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Alternatively you should also be able to reinstall from your purchase history page on the website.

No. When it does this, you won't be able to reinstall from the purchase history list. Instead of saying reinstall, it will say the app is not supported in your region.

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

i have similar problem with my L1020 too, it happened when i changed the the region settings of the phone.

WRider

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Check location at bottom of the page. For me website defaults to US English and I have to change to Canada ( where I live ) then I can download previously downloaded and new apps to my phone from windowsphone website.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Cesar Tobias

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I didnt do anything but the purchased history page is ok now..

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Still no fix. Hopefully it will get sorted out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorena783lopez