Mic problem / low quality

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I was recently having a conversation with my father in a fairly busy parking garage. It was LOUD. After 15 minutes of talking to him, I realized that he hadn't asked me to repeat anything so I asked him if he could hear me ok. He said it was one of the more clear conversation he had had with me and he couldn't hear any of the background noise I was dealing with. go figure. Got my phone...I mean ordered my phone on the night it was released on AT&T, so an early run phone.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumis 820 and i have the same problem. I can confirm that it only happens during voice calls. The recording, tell me ond others work fine. I'm guessing it's a noise cancellation issue. I recently did a reset, but the issue persists. I'm going to do some more tests and I will update soon.

Gill11802

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and it's a new phone no covers. So when I get/make a call I can?t be herd the second I switch to speaker phone it works great. took it in to the store and manager said its only 1 mic so it has to be a OS glitch since it works on speaker and was told to hard set the phone if that doesn?t work to call warranty claims to get a new phone. About to reset hope it works!

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As someone else suggested cleaning out the holes on the top and bottom of the phone clears this problem up. I bought a toothbrush specifically for this as the bristles are fine enough to get into the holes.

Joeboy22

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my Lumia 920. It's a hardware fault. You need the phone changing. DO NOT STICK PINS IN THE PHONE as it will damage the phone. People suggest this as it sound logical but it needs changing. I sent my phone once to the shop I bought the phone from and 3 times..yes..3 times to Nokia themselves before they agreed to change it. It has to be sent to their repair team 3 times before they will do this.

I hope this has helped someone out there

Regards

Joe (London)

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
As someone else suggested cleaning out the holes on the top and bottom of the phone clears this problem up. I bought a toothbrush specifically for this as the bristles are fine enough to get into the holes.

THANKS! Helped me ! Definitely helped me a lot! :D

PS : I used my brother's brush :|

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 6th cyan 920 since launch in November and this has plagued every handset I've had and my brothers white 920. I've spoken to att and Nokia about tons of times and basically Nokia does nothing about it, they just send me a replacement with the same crap mic and att reps just tell me not to buy Nokia phones because they suck. Seriously . Multiple reps sais they get tons of returns on wp8 devices especially Nokias because of hardware failures . That's why they offered me any android phone I wanted for $50 . I got the LG g2 and now people can hear me . I just hate android. If wp8 was on the LG g2 that would be heaven . After I agreed to get the lgg2 I asked where do I send my 920 back to because I figure they would want it and the rep goes sell it ,junk it, Craigslist it, use it as a door stop we don't want that junk here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295