Microsoft Complete Warranty: In Store Only purchase

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI, I pre-ordered my Lumia 950XL today and had a chat with MS customer service. They indicated that they only sell the Microsoft Complete (extended warranty) in physical stores. I wasn't able to add it during my pre-order as it isn't available online as an option.

I also couldn't confirm that they're available for purchase from MS Kiosks. I was told that I'd have to contact my local kiosk directly because they're all different in terms of their capabilities.

Just thought this might be helpful/useful information for anyone wondering about an extended warranty from MS directly.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Do you have to purchase within a certain window of receiving the phone? I'm assuming they will want to check over the phone to make sure it is in good shape.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Online sales support told me it wasn't being sold at all for phones directly from MSFT. Then I chatted with another rep who said only through the carrier. I guess all this will shake out soon enough.

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, be careful with that, I purchased it for my wife's 1520 and had all sorts of issues with trying to get them to replace the device when she broke the screen. No one I spoke with at Microsoft had any idea what I was talking about. She ended up having to drive 2 hours to the nearest store to swap the phone. And that was after I had to fight with the store to replace her 1520 with another 1520. They wanted to give her a 640XL which is in no way a replacement for a 1520. Overall I was not pleased with the experience. And it cemented in her mind going back to an iPhone. And the fan on my Surface Pro 3 just started making grinding noise so I'm dreading having to go through the same experience with that.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have to purchase within a certain window of receiving the phone? I'm assuming they will want to check over the phone to make sure it is in good shape.

I was specifically told that we have 45 days from the date it ships (which would presumably be Nov. 25th). Yes, you will have to have the device in hand at the time of purchase.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to continue following up on this:

You can purchase the Microsoft Complete Warranty in-person at a Microsoft Store (sadly not online), but you can also purchase it from some of the Microsoft Kiosk locations as well. I hope that helps some of you who are relatively near a Kiosk (but not a full store). I called my local Microsoft Kiosk and they indicated that they would have no problems adding a MS Complete Warranty as long as:

1. I have the device with me at time of purchase
2. That I purchase within 45-days of the product shipment date.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
What the hell is trade doubler?
My understanding: Whenever anybody posts a link here, the software checks whether there is any way the site can get paid for referring people to that link, so it loads it up with redirect links and affiliate codes. You still get where you're going, after the clicks get counted. But it sure makes links hard to read.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
MS Complete for a non-carrier version is $59. If you buy a carrier branded phone it is $99.

I purchased an unlocked 830 this summer and that is what I was told and paid.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
If these things are as tough as my Lumia 920 has been ... insurance really won't be needed. Fell into two creeks, hit the ground multiple times, bounced off many rocks, etc. Just use the warranty to confirm you don't have any bad hardware, and you should be fine, IMO. Caveat emptor.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My understanding: Whenever anybody posts a link here, the software checks whether there is any way the site can get paid for referring people to that link, so it loads it up with redirect links and affiliate codes. You still get where you're going, after the clicks get counted. But it sure makes links hard to read.

The network I am on has blocked "clkde.tradedoubler.com"

So it is impossible to click any links posted in Windows Central Forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788