Microsoft pumps the brakes on Copilot AI to refine its experiences in Windows 11 based on what users 'ACTUALLY' want

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Odd for them to say that just weeks before announcing their AI PCs for consumers, which probably also means whatever features/experiences they will announce will be incomplete or beta or will never see the light of day and further delay the next major version/Windows 12.

They need to focus on making Copilot something people want to use, with features that are actually useful and fit common use-cases, and real-time speed for offline and non-intensive tasks like Cortana was able to do. Instead of focusing on forcing Copilot on people who currently have no use for it in it's current form and only pushing people to turn away from Windows. They also need to improve their marketing and terminology, let the features speak for itself instead of repeating buzzwords like "AI" a thousand times, which irritates people and doesn't mean anything to end users.

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I still don’t understand what AI could do to improve my Windows experience.
I agree. So far the Copilot icon on my toolbar has been used as much as the Cortana icon that it replaced (i.e., it's never been used). As far as I'm concerned, Copilot is a solution looking for a problem. I'd prefer that MS spent more time making the Windows 11 UI less annoying. I've been using Windows 11 for well over a year now and still prefer Windows 10 by a long shot.

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree. So far the Copilot icon on my toolbar has been used as much as the Cortana icon that it replaced (i.e., it's never been used). As far as I'm concerned, Copilot is a solution looking for a problem. I'd prefer that MS spent more time making the Windows 11 UI less annoying. I've been using Windows 11 for well over a year now and still prefer Windows 10 by a long shot.
I used Cortana a lot back when I had a Windows Phone, it was great. As of now my only use for AI is drawing dumb images to send to my friends (when it actually generates them and doesn’t end up self censoring)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen