Minimizing window defaults screen to live tiles

nhojjava

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have yet to see anyone complaining about the live tiles who really even understands why they suck on anything but a surface or tablet.

Their design is based on a touch screen device where the user is never even using a mouse. I have a touch screen laptop so when

I am not using my mouse, just the touch screen, they are awesome.

However, I am a software developer, and that forces me to use my mouse all the time. Also, most users of Windows are desktop or laptops, and even more of those users don't even have a touch screen.

SO WHAT REALLY NEED IS AN EITHER AN AUTO DETECT OR TOGGLE BUTTON FOR LIVE TILES.

Sorry for the all caps, but I am very irritated with Window's 10 today. Up until today, I was happy with the new Windows 10 start menu. But now, whenever I minimize one of my many windows that are always open, the screen defaults to the start menu with live tiles, instead of the last window that was open. I believe this happened either after I ran today's Window's Update, or also quite likely when I had to rollback my sound driver to the Windows 8.1 version in order to get back my Beats Audio sound. Somewhere along the way of the Windows 10 update, I lost that and all my sounds including trying to play music were reduced by at least 50 percent.

Is there a way for me to change the settings of what happens when I minimize a window back to showing the previously focused window? This is very odd behavior and is seriously cutting into my productivity

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani