Move over Chrome and Edge, Windows 11 has a new ARM browser

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"Is 2024 the year of Windows 11 on ARM?"

For some of us, 2023 was. I am running Windows 11 Pro ARM in a VM on this 16", 12 core M2 CPU MacBook Pro. I have a portable 16" monitor plugged in, and have Windows on one screen and Mac on the other.

The ultimate 2 in 1. I can copy/paste anything in both directions. Text, pics, code from Visual Studio to Xcode, etc.

Very nice. Makes the price of the MacBook Pro much more reasonable, since it is literally 2 laptops in one.

ARM is the present and the future. Intel is going to be as relevant in a few years as Windows Phone is today. A quaint relic. You can't give away Intel Macs today. The same thing will happen with Intel PCs.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wojtek and nop

TheIzzz

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
"Is 2024 the year of Windows 11 on ARM?"

For some of us, 2023 was. I am running Windows 11 Pro ARM in a VM on this 16", 12 core M2 CPU MacBook Pro. I have a portable 16" monitor plugged in, and have Windows on one screen and Mac on the other.

The ultimate 2 in 1. I can copy/paste anything in both directions. Text, pics, code from Visual Studio to Xcode, etc.

Very nice. Makes the price of the MacBook Pro much more reasonable, since it is literally 2 laptops in one.

ARM is the present and the future. Intel is going to be as relevant in a few years as Windows Phone is today. A quaint relic. You can't give away Intel Macs today. The same thing will happen with Intel PCs.
completely laughable lol. Not only is Intel Meteor Lake faster and more efficient than Apple's current M chip (with better GPU performance thanks to the new Arc iGPUs), they are on track to fab 2nm before TSMC AND blow away the competition with their upcoming Lunar Lake chips. they are ALREADY ahead of Apple and AMD (even though AMD started the recent efficiency and iGPU performance trend). Apple's M chips haven't topped any benchmarks or efficiency ratings since the M1 dropped. they lost their edge almost immediately when Tiger Lake came out. Fact.

• Haha
Reactions: wojtek

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
completely laughable lol. Not only is Intel Meteor Lake faster and more efficient than Apple's current M chip (with better GPU performance thanks to the new Arc iGPUs), they are on track to fab 2nm before TSMC AND blow away the competition with their upcoming Lunar Lake chips. they are ALREADY ahead of Apple and AMD (even though AMD started the recent efficiency and iGPU performance trend). Apple's M chips haven't topped any benchmarks or efficiency ratings since the M1 dropped. they lost their edge almost immediately when Tiger Lake came out. Fact.
oh, poor Intel fan boy got triggered by something completely unrelated (mac can offer 2 in one solution with windows arm).

BTW. silicone macs may not be top of the performance but they are powerful enough while virtually not heating up or making any noise like most of x86 machines ❤️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124