MS forcing 8.1 users to upgrade their phone to w10?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think ms trying to forcing 8.1 users tactically to W10 by creating problems in using store and showing many errors! ��

So far the general way things are is that MS doesn't focus so much on the mobile part of their operations. More than half of all windows phones cannot upgrade so "intentionally creating store problems" is not their idea.

What problems are you experiencing? Both my brother and I can comfortably use store app on 8.1 without any issues

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
experience varies between people - it's not the same blanket experience. Although I said I have a 8.1 phone, I had upgraded it last week and so far it's been working 98% as expected

Recently I had issues with the store in Windows for PC, and the only way to restore the functionality was removing/reinstalling the store by command line. If that happens with mobile, how would I solve the issue? I think Windows 10 (the part that pretends to be an ecosystem of apps) is really a mess. I can use Windows with Win32 apps as I've always been doing since Win3.11 and its UI changes, but, if things continue like currently are, I will be changing PC OS too. I am a web developer but I've been learning different subjects for security like Pen-Testing and all that is easier and with better results in Unix-like environments (Linux, MacOS) and it is probable that I will be changing OS.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently I had issues with the store in Windows for PC, and the only way to restore the functionality was removing/reinstalling the store by command line. If that happens with mobile, how would I solve the issue? I think Windows 10 (the part that pretends to be an ecosystem of apps) is really a mess. I can use Windows with Win32 apps as I've always been doing since Win3.11 and its UI changes, but, if things continue like currently are, I will be changing PC OS too. I am a web developer but I've been learning different subjects for security like Pen-Testing and all that is easier and with better results in Unix-like environments (Linux, MacOS) and it is probable that I will be changing OS.

a by the way, you can just reset the app instead of reinstalling it: settings > system > apps > select app> advanced options > reset - this saves time and it's a better way than reinstalling in some cases

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
a by the way, you can just reset the app instead of reinstalling it: settings > system > apps > select app> advanced options > reset - this saves time and it's a better way than reinstalling in some cases

The thing is I learned something new, I'm currently exploring Bash and I already installed .Net core for Linux on it and tried some programs. Microsoft Visual Studio Code + .Net Core + Linux/MacOS would be my next platform of developing.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think ms trying to forcing 8.1 users tactically to W10 by creating problems in using store and showing many errors! ��

Absolutely not. It's the other way around. The keep people from getting W10M. If it was otherwise they would not require people to install the update advisor app to perform the update to W10. If you have a eligible WP8.1 phone and you are not a "nerd" you don't even know about this update - trust me.

Also: MS cut off half of the active WP8.1 from the update to W10, just by saying "Your phone is not good enough for W10M" (even if that's not true).

So no, MS does not force people to update to W10M

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. It's the other way around. The keep people from getting W10M. If it was otherwise they would not require people to install the update advisor app to perform the update to W10. If you have a eligible WP8.1 phone and you are not a "nerd" you don't even know about this update - trust me.

Also: MS cut off half of the active WP8.1 from the update to W10, just by saying "Your phone is not good enough for W10M" (even if that's not true).

So no, MS does not force people to update to W10M
Yup, and the errors are borne from apathy and focusing what resources they allow for mobile on 10 instead of 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria