My school provided computer has weak internet connection at home when I connect to my home router, how can I increase the connection?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My school provided computer has weak internet connection at home when I connect to my home router

So my school provides all staff and students with a computer. We as students get a Lenovo X230 tablet each, and the teachers get a Lenovo Yoga each. When I am at school my WiFi is perfectly fine, the domains work, WiFi is fast and reasonable, and Microsoft OneNote syncs without a glitch, so my main question is why does everything cease to work when I am at home and try to connect to the internet there appear to be a few issues. First off, even if I'm sitting right next to the router the name does not get displayed in the available connections box in the taskbar. Second, if I do manage to see either of my personal connections pop up they only have the strength of two bars, even when sitting right next to the router. Third, when I do manage to get connected I'm still not really connected because it shows that yellow limited access triangle above the internet bars. I have been using ethernet for the past month, but that is not really a permanent solution either.

Tammy Tim-Tam

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Guys, it is not my router. When I connect to the router with my personal Mac machine everything works fine. I know for a fact that it is my laptop because when my friend was over for a study session her laptop reacted fine to the internet at my house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku