Netflix Crashes at Splash Screen

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
For about two weeks now, Netflix app opens for about ten seconds to the splash screen then crashes on my 950 XL. Anyone else experiencing this? I have tried it all. Uninstall, reinstall. Soft reset. Remove app, clear web cache and all settings, clear onedrive backup, reinstall. No, no, and no. Can anyone else with a 950 XL try it for me? Thanks

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me too. Someone alerted me to a workaround, though. Once you open the app, go to your windows phone startscreen. Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the back button (to get to the multitasking screen). Go back to the Netflix app and it should start up. I know this is a little annoying, but it works. Hopefully Netflix will have an update sooner rather than later to address this issue. I know several other people have had the same issue.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
When I have had this problem the only solution have been hard reset. Happens now and then with different Insider builds.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
When I have had this problem the only solution have been hard reset. Happens now and then with different Insider builds.

Well, never got it working, and the home screen restart solution doesn't work for me. This is on production build. So I factory reset the whole phone and started for scratch. Netflix worked again and was great. 24 hours later and right back in the same spot of crashing at the splash screen. This is utter crap and Microsoft needs to get in there with Netflix and figure this out. This isn't some Nickle and dime game....this us a major app and you have a hard enough time getting these apps to your platform. They can't figure it out, so you do so they just don't abandon this thing. Completely ridiculous.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, never got it working, and the home screen restart solution doesn't work for me. This is on production build. So I factory reset the whole phone and started for scratch. Netflix worked again and was great. 24 hours later and right back in the same spot of crashing at the splash screen. This is utter crap and Microsoft needs to get in there with Netflix and figure this out. This isn't some Nickle and dime game....this us a major app and you have a hard enough time getting these apps to your platform. They can't figure it out, so you do so they just don't abandon this thing. Completely ridiculous.

Netflix has disappeared after failing to work properly on Windows 10 | Windows Central

something happening here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria