Next major windows phone update and what you want in it.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
  1. Notification Centre
  2. Time/Signal/Wifi always visible (I hated having to come out of an app to check the time, especially when in work)
  3. Toast Notification for email
  4. Quick Settings
  5. Store updates checking more than once a day

MrSimmix

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see animated wallpapers for our lock screens. It would be nice if we could also get bbm like the other OS's, and of course I do hope to see more color options for our themes. I just want them to give us a lot of features!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about others who wanted a file manager, but for me, I can think of at least one specific situation: Downloading attachments in an email before saving them. Before you have the option to save an attachment of - say - a photo, you have to download it to the phone. THEN you save it, and the saved files go to the photo hub. The downloaded files that weren't saved to your photo hub take up space in Other and don't seem to go away, so with a file manager you could navigate over to a "Downloaded Temp files" folder and delete it.

Oh yeah, and the people who have had files transferred to their phone via NFC or Bluetooth or whatever and couldn't find them in any of their hubs (i.e. lost)... you could find them using a file manager.

Those would require access to the file system which is strictly prohibited by the security model.

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My wish list? Fairly simple.

- Grouped start screen. Add apps to "folders" to save space. Group notifications from apps within that folder to 1 tile. For example: package tracker, messaging, e-mail in one folder. Mini icons with the # of messages/alerts for each app in one of the 4 corners.
- Custom e-mail and SMS/MMS tones. For the love of all that's holy, why doesn't WP8 have this?
- Manage media volume separately from ring tone volume.
- Screen rotation lock
- A Universal Search feature - tap the magnifying glass, look for a contact
- More intuitive AI. The voice command feature isn't as good as competitors (Google Now, Siri, etc...)
- Skype integration into People Hub
- Skype integration into the entire phone, like the phone and messaging app. Shouldn't have to open an app to use a Microsoft owned product. This goes for Lync as well.
- more advanced share/interaction functions with people hub, using twitter or facebook.
- ebook reader that supports epub, highlighting, bookmarking, etc.
- a better way of synching Lumia 1020 photos to the computer. I don't like having to open My Computer > device > browse > pictures folder > then copy them from my computer. Why can't I use the Windows Phone sync app on Windows 7? It's much more integrated with that app.
- downloading music FROM the XBOX Music Store on the phone, and syncing back to the computer still does not work. The licenses are different, and it just won't work.
- replace search feature "what is this song" with shazam's API.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra