NoDo Update

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I did the MFG registry edit too and got the pre-nodo update, but nothing after that. I've synced a few times since then as well. I'm sure we'll probably both get it at the same time (whenever that time may be).

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Using this method: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-talk/177844.htm

I now have NoDo on my AT&T LG Quantum! It worked on the very first try. As I said in my previous post, I had received pre-nodo after using the MFG tool to debrand (which didn't require dev unlock or anything).

This thing is really screaming now and copy and paste work exactly as I have seen in videos. You can tap and hold on a link and it will give you more options including "copy link". And copying text just requires a quick tap and then once the copy bars come up you drag one or the other to select more than the word you originally tapped.

Can you tell I'm happy? :)

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It just popped up. All I did was the LG de-branding (MFG registry edit) trick detailed here a while back. No hacks or dev-unlocking.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused as to what NoDo you're getting. It hasn't been officially released by ATT yet so is this version you guys are getting now going to be the same as what ATT eventually releases if they ever get done "testing"?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's a good question that only AT&T, or Microsoft can answer. I have decided to wait.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Eric Hautala says we should see the update by early April. I guess he did not realize that most people think of early April as sometime before the 13th of April.

Also, the where's my update page has not been updated in over a week. To add insult to injury, the update columns are still labeled: Febuary Update and March Update.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't he say they'd be done testing by early April? They still have to "stage" the update for 10 days. I can't wait until I get my February and March updates in... May.

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope that the update comes soon for you guys. NoDo on the Quantum is a huge improvement. The Marketplace never crashes, everything seems to be more stable and faster, and you can copy & paste.

I understand why you wouldn't want to try your luck with editing the registry, so I'm not going to try to convince anyone to do it. I'll just say that after owning 2 Blackberry's on AT&T over the last few years, I gave up on waiting for them long ago. AT&T might be thorough with their testing, but in my opinion they are just slow. On my last BB they picked some of the most unstable, memory leak ridden, buggy OS versions to push out, and then would hold off for months on releasing the stable versions with new features.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I never got a WinMo update from AT&T, ever. If I wanted to upgrade the OS, I had to upgrade the hardware. How stupid does AT&T think we are? They will hold out on these updates as long as possible, then do the same with MANGO. It would not surprise me in the least if first gen AT&T phones never get MANGO. Shoot, I am not sure we will ever get NoDo, or even 'pre'-NoDo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander