Nokia Maps Compass

Hiro2

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Is there compass feature on Nokia Maps where I can see which direction im facing?

I know iOS has it, but cant find it on my lumia 920, it only lets me locate myself, but I cant get it to show me which direction im facing.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
the worst is that..they removed from Bing Maps too, compared to 7.5 ...i cant even properly follow traffic on Bing, like I used in 7.5

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have used a lot of Nokia maps and never felt need of compass - not even with Drive+ beta (as mentioned here, it has a compass) ... well, there is a plenty of compass apps in store, if needed ... about Nokia maps, it is a true OFFLINE maps - gmaps is a great one too, as long as you have internet connection ... but Nokia maps is better one to use in foreign countries, during holidays, business trips, etc. - I have all them installed, but I prefer to use Nokia maps, with predownloaded country maps ...

J Samu

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I need the compass a lot with maps. Really really bad thing that it s not supported with Nokia maps. Hope this will be fixed soon otherwise I and many others are really disappointed. Maps is one of the main reason why people are buying Lumias. If it fails... gooodby Nokia

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
In Nokia Maps (like in most WP Nokia Apps) hit option and feedback,
Express your feelings there and provide your suggestions and requests :)

920Owner

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Maps on the other Nokia platforms i.e. Symbian and Meego have the compass function. I wonder why the app is dumbed down for the WP8 platform.

mitunchidamparam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried that, it doesn't work for me.

the compass works for me , when i tap the green icon on the lower left corner
maybe you need to update your maps, go to store and search for here maps and see if there is any updates
The problem could be that you have some electromagnetic disturbance near you : A hard disk or PC or monitor , so go outside your home and check it out

920Owner

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that, it doesn't work for me.
The phone is new to me yesterday, I swapped it with another brand it's not brand new but had been reset before I got it.

I tried an update and that fixed the compass issue. This is my first WP phone I'm surprised the update wasn't offered automatically like I'v been used to.

DSyros

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I know a very good alternative to gMaps and Nokia Drive+. "Compass Deluxe". It's very simple but powerfull app with 3D view, navigation and actually new with friends tracking.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There is a compass feature on Nokia Maps. Use it, and the phone will orientate the map so that the top of the map matches the direction you are facing.

To turn it on, tap on the green icon to centre the map on your location, and you will see the top section turn a lighter shade of grey. Tap again, and the top turns an even lighter shade of grey and the map will start to rotate around the point you are standing on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788