Nokia might had it after all.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The smartphone market was a very, very different place when Android first appeared than it is today. There are established, consumer-oriented smartphone OSes on every carrier right now. That just wasn't the case when Android hit T-Mobile.

That's not really accurate. Windows Mobile, Palm OS and BlackBerry were all established and VERY popular (including on T-Mobile). Sidekick, T-Mo's own offering from Danger, was the fourth-most-popular smartphone platform in the USA. All of those were ushered out by next-generation OSes like Android.

Today, Android and iOS are very popular, and if Windows Phone is to succeed, it needs to be the next-generation OS that ushers THEM out. That won't happen without carrier support, and T-Mo definitely isn't going to invest in driving another customer conversion on its own network if the principal supplier of handsets for Windows Phone is going to treat them with contempt (or not give them access to compelling high-end handsets that can compete with GS III).

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That won't happen without carrier support, and T-Mo definitely isn't going to invest in driving another customer conversion on its own network if the principal supplier of handsets for Windows Phone is going to treat them with contempt (or not give them access to compelling high-end handsets that can compete with GS III).
So now the 8X is not a compelling high-end handset?

HTC Windows Phone 8 | HTC 8X | New Windows Phone | T-Mobile

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Of course it is. But that doesn't help Nokia if hundreds of thousands of handset buyers on T-Mobile opt for an HTC rather than a Nokia offering because Nokia isn't offering a high end device on their carrier.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am currently on T-Mo. They have been very good to me over the years. But my company has a better corporate discount with Verizon then T-Mo. So even though Verizon is more expensive then T-Mo on contract, it still would be less for me to go to Verizon. When I heard that T-Mo was not getting the 920, I had already decided to go to Verizon. If T-Mo got a 920ish from Nokia I would stay with them. But I ain't sticking around for the 810 (which I found boring if not ugly) or the 8x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross