Notification app needed for missing LED

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, so of course Nokia decided to omit a notification LED of any sort and I would love a way to be able to discern the notifications other then different sounds. My SGSII didn't have one either but there was an awesome app that I used by the name of NoLED that gave me everything I needed and more. Here's the link for reference;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sZWQubm90aWZ5Il0.

Simply put the program provides the ability to display custom notification icons or dots on the screen even when off. My capacitve buttons would light up and then you would see the corresponding icon on the screen. The app was great as well as the effiency on the battery. I would love to see someone come up with something comparable, what about everyone else??

benski

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I do miss my pre3 notification led.

I would love to see the windows button light up for notifications.
Hopefully that's possible via a third party app, or better yet baked
in at some point.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You could always get the HTC if you want a Windows 8 phone with a notification LED. The notification LED has been a topic of debate across all platforms. I can live with or without it. Some have to have it while others hate it. Luckily there are phones that offer each.

A word about NoLED: I used it on my Samsung Fascinate. I was coming from a BB and really wanted the LED. It actually turns your screen on, pushing all black to the screen. I didn't like the fact my screen could be on for hours so I uninstalled it. In the end I just got used to not having a LED.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You could always get the HTC if you want a Windows 8 phone with a notification LED.

The HTC LED only is used as a charging indicator and not a "notification" LED.

I miss the notification LEDs from my old Android devices (loved the one on the Moto RAZR HD LTE).

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I can see the usefulness of something like this. Right now, we don't even REALLY get custom sounds. We are able to choose from a list, but still can't give different contacts different tones fro SMS/Emails. This is probably the number one thing (alongside a notification center) that I am hoping beyond hope that MS changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di