Notifications outside range

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
My new band is working great when near my phone, however I notice that when I'm away from my phone and a text comes in, it does not alert me to the text when I return to Bluetooth range. Is that normal? Do I have a setting wrong? Shouldn't the band sync when you connect to the Bluetooth again?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try factory resetting the band and checking if the issue still occurs :) I don't have a band so that's as much help as I can offer :sweaty:

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I also notice that the notification center on the band displays no data. It just says "nothing new" even though there is clearly data in my action center on the phone.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
On Windows Phone, the notifications aren't a two way sync between the phone and device. What happens is that when a notification comes in, the OS hands off the notification to the Health app and that's it. The Health app can't "see" directly what's in the apps, Action Center, or anything else that the OS didn't hand off to it.

After the Health app receives a notification from the OS, it then checks the notification against any filters that you have set (i.e. if it belongs to a certain enabled tile on the Band, email VIP, etc). In theory, if it fails to be caught in any filters, then it should be categorized as one for the Notification Center tile on the Band. Finally once as it knows where it should go on your Band, it attempts to contact it and relay the notification.

If the app can't reach your Band because it's out of range, usually it should queue up the notifications until it finally does reconnect. You can see this happening if you get a lot of notifications overnight and then exit sleep mode on the Band.

What puzzles me is why emails are working fine though but not others. My guess is that there seems to be some sort of problem with the Health app receiving the notifications properly from the phone. I'd say try toggling the Health app off and back on in the Accessory Apps section of the phone settings. Rebooting both the phone and Band doesn't hurt as well. If that doesn't work, then perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the Health app might help.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
On Windows Phone, the notifications aren't a two way sync between the phone and device. What happens is that when a notification comes in, the OS hands off the notification to the Health app and that's it. The Health app can't "see" directly what's in the apps, Action Center, or anything else that the OS didn't hand off to it.

After the Health app receives a notification from the OS, it then checks the notification against any filters that you have set (i.e. if it belongs to a certain enabled tile on the Band, email VIP, etc). In theory, if it fails to be caught in any filters, then it should be categorized as one for the Notification Center tile on the Band. Finally once as it knows where it should go on your Band, it attempts to contact it and relay the notification.

If the app can't reach your Band because it's out of range, usually it should queue up the notifications until it finally does reconnect. You can see this happening if you get a lot of notifications overnight and then exit sleep mode on the Band.

What puzzles me is why emails are working fine though but not others. My guess is that there seems to be some sort of problem with the Health app receiving the notifications properly from the phone. I'd say try toggling the Health app off and back on in the Accessory Apps section of the phone settings. Rebooting both the phone and Band doesn't hurt as well. If that doesn't work, then perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the Health app might help.

I seem to have solved the notification center issue with a factory reset. It is providing me all the data that does not have its own tile (which is how it is supposed to work). The only thing I can't quite figure out is how to sync the messages. When I return to the phone after being out of range - if I have received a text while I'm gone - the text will NOT push to my band when I connect again. So I guess I just need to use glance on my phone periodically to check when I've been away to see if I have received a text. The email however does sync and my notifications (news alerts etc. also work). Wish I could have everything, but otherwise I love this device!

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The only time it doesn't sync texts with mine is when there is a Bluetooth glitch. My 1020 seems to be pretty finicky as of late and so I will occasionally miss a text on my band. However, I would say it works 95% of the time. I lay the blame on my phone, not the Band. But considering the 1020 is using a Bluetooth version is wasn't built for and syncing to a device that was still in the drawing stage when the 1020 went to market, I have no complaints. I fully expect a lot of these issues to be solved in a future Lumia update when Microsoft's Windows team gets familiar with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz