Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Dan Leonelli

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
After wp8.1 update 1 on my 920 , many apps have becm buggy...first it was WhatsApp. It wasnt opening so i reinstalled it... Now its nokia camera... Crashing again n again... Any1 else facing this kind of problem
Sounds weird. I own a 920 as well and it's been working perfectly since the Update 1. No problems at all.

Private Nemesis

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Can someone help

I've got WP8.1 update 1 installed...

Cyan is available since Saturday for my device but I can't get it.

Is it because I am on update 1 or what ?
How can I make my device get the cyan update
Should I roll back to WP8.0 or what

Are you serious? For heavens sake Cyan is not available for DFP users due to bitlocker encryption issue with update - Bing is there for a reason dude!

rohandibag

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hii,

I am form India When I'm downloading a WP 8.1 update for my Lumia 720, it's getting stopped on 70% & getting error "The update couldn't be downloaded.(801882cb)"

Help

Alicia Amber

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my glance screen has stopped working ! Now when I go to settings and press Glance. That screen is empty aside from glance at the top of the screen! I really loved that feature :(

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my glance screen has stopped working ! Now when I go to settings and press Glance. That screen is empty aside from glance at the top of the screen! I really loved that feature :(

Try soft reset. If it does not work try to uninstall the app and reinstall. To uninstall set the date to +- 100 years and then go to setting and click on glance. Once you click on glance it will ask u to uninstall the app.

TheWenisKing

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't really find any luck regarding my issues anywhere else in the forums, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough. In any case, my L620 has been experiencing some issues since the GDR1 Update 1 on the Developer Preview program.

Here are my issues:
- Camera and Nokia Camera apps became unresponsive
- "Resuming" and "Loading" lags
- Lock screen will freeze and won't display the time
- Start screen will not display tiles and will freeze/lag
- Random shutdowns/restarts

So far, I have tried soft resetting, hard resetting, reverting back to a standard background theme, taking off the Cortana tile, and eating the phone (okay, not that). But seriously, what else can I do? I had virtually no problems until Update 1.

On a brighter note, the phone seemed to stop getting hot and became slightly more responsive after I tried a hard reset.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
One major issue I have is YouTube videos do not show video in the browser when playing from the mobile page. I hear the audio but the image does not move from the thumbnail. Anyone else?

Brijesh001

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Steps to activate Cortana alpha version

Essentially, all you need to do is to change your speech settings to English US or UK.

(1) If you've changed region or language settings previously to try out Cortana when it released for the US, revert to the original settings for your country. A restart maybe required if you change these settings. If you haven't, confirm that the settings are in order.

(2) Language: English (India)/English (Canada)/English (Australia)
Country/Region: India/Canada/Australia
(3) If you've not made any changes before, you'd need to start here and just change your speech settings.
Speech: English (United Kingdom)/English (United States)/English (United Kingdom)

now its all done u will find cortana in alpha waiting for u ;):smile:

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Update 1 ruined my 1320. Tapping while scrolling, IE doesn't render pages correctly, does it slow and random crashes. On youtube, i got this pink/grayish small dots all over my screen and it completely locked my phone, i mean this was similar to my laptops GPU failing, pink and gray lines all over the screen. (soft reset helped). Everytime i soft reset, "there seems to be problem with SD card". Random reboots, phone gets so hot that it hurts. Battery is draining, constant location polling and network usage (Cortana?). Sometimes my phone doesn't even ring when someone is calling/other notifications muted too. I think I'm finally done with WP.

Amit Kumar Jangra

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 720..cyan update...but after updating to windows phone 8.1 update 1..it's making my phone slow..im ok with cyan update but folder option is a must thing you should be having in a phone to organize ur apps.wp js make it a part of cyan only..why having so much updates..folder option is a must thing for any os operating smart phone.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
has the User Agent been fixed in the new update that is rolling today? When selecting Desktop Mode, what does whatismybrowser.com shows now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di