Ondrive takes 1GB of space in my phone!

sousto

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Today I found out, that Ondrive takes about 1GB of space in my Lumia 820! User data can't be removed in Storage check app. OneDrive is possible neither to uninstall nor to move to SD card. How can I delete OneDrive user data to free space in my phone? Thank you for your help!
f6867ae292cc93b7dcc228ad46813f74.png
fd63b31c32ee0e06cf394e6f3cc4c3c1.png

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Check if you have any pending uploads in OneDrive. Or check if you've recently opened a really large file from your OneDrive, or many larger files in the same timespan. Like a video or something. OneDrive caches that too for you to view.

Those are the only two possibilities as far as I know.

There used to be a really weird bug with pending uploads in OneDrive where I had the same weird thing, making OneDrive unusuable. But one of the updates sort of seemed to fix that (well, it doesn't upload still, but I can remove pending uploads now).

To fix the first: cancel all pending uploads and downloads. To fix the 2nd... I don't really know. One suggestion is to find the large file and rename it, then open the OneDrive app on your phone again, see if that helps. Make it clear it's cache that way.

sousto

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer, problem solved! :)

Yesterday I tried to upload batch of 80 pictures several times, but every time it failed (I don't know why, probably another bug in OneDrive app). These pictures were pending all the time in OneDrive app.

Solution: It's not enough to cancel the upload, it's necessary to DELETE all files from pending upload list. In other case they stay in cache and OneDrive is persistently trying to upload them...

sousto

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried it of course, but this step will delete only files marked as "temporary", not app data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo