OneDrive File Paths

anon(10611158)

Jun 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

A few days ago, I synced some of my files/folders (My Documents, My Downloads, Desktop) to Microsoft OneDrive, and now, whenever I open my file explorer on Windows 10, the path for these things are listed through OneDrive (ex: C:\Users\awall\OneDrive\Documents). How can I change the path of these files back to my PC, and not OneDrive? This is causing some significant difficulties for my work.

Thank you,

Alex

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
In File Explorer, right-click the folder in Quick Access , select Properties, and go to the Location tab. From there you can reset it to the default (C:\Users\%UserName%) or change it to wherever you want.

Documents folder Location Properties.jpg

Reactions: Crow169

Crow169

Sep 1, 2023
Visit site
In File Explorer, right-click the folder in Quick Access , select Properties, and go to the Location tab. From there you can reset it to the default (C:\Users\%UserName%) or change it to wherever you want.

View attachment 140885
I just had to register on this site so I could thank you for sharing that info lol. I've hated onedrive for years specifically because i didn't think I could stop it from restructuring my file system

Reactions: spicypadthai

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

A few days ago, I synced some of my files/folders (My Documents, My Downloads, Desktop) to Microsoft OneDrive, and now, whenever I open my file explorer on Windows 10, the path for these things are listed through OneDrive (ex: C:\Users\awall\OneDrive\Documents). How can I change the path of these files back to my PC, and not OneDrive? This is causing some significant difficulties for my work.

Thank you,

Alex
That path IS on your PC. OneDrive doesn't remove the files from your PC unless you tell it to. The files are in the cloud (OneDrive) with a copy on your PC in that OneDrive path. If you delete those files from that file path, it will delete the OneDrive cloud copy. Likewise, if you were to delete the file from the cloud, it will delete it from your PC. OneDrive does have a 30 recycle bin. You have to access it from a web browser. It automatically keeps deleted files for 30 days. Any files in the Recycle Bin that are more than 30 days old gets deleted permanently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit