Onedrive/Groove/Visual Studio HighCPU usage

MichiP

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello Windows Central Community,

I am getting quite despreat. I have a nice 1 Terrabyte onedrive with all my music and souce code but recently it is driving me crazy. (apart from the fact that microsoft killed the playlist sync of Groove Music without a comment...)

Groove-Music very often goes to a quite high cpu usage (somewhere between 20-60 percent - Intel 4 Core i3770k), sometimes with the subprocess onedrive.exe hugging all the cpu, sometimes Runntime Broker.

Sometimes also Visual Studio gets very high cpu usage if I work on a project stored in onedrive. My Onedrive is about 594 GB and my Music Folder 51 GB.

First I thought it was the Windows defender since the CPU usage of Antimalware Service Executable was also often very high. BUt now I disabled Windows Defender (https://windowsreport.com/kill-antimalware-service-executable-windows-10/)
setting the regkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\DisableAntiSpyware to 1

The high cpu load happens every few hours and when it happens I notice very quickly since the fans of the cpu go crazy (CPU is old and overclocked got it used by a friend)

Does anybody know a solution to the problem?

Greetings
Michael

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Check under settings if diagnostic feedback is turned on. Set it to basic. Some people had issues with this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz