Picked Up A 925 For My Dad Today. Outlook Contact Sync?

• Thread starter Deleted member 199301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 199301

Finally got my Dad off his ancient Android and onto a shiny 925. My only problem? Getting Outlook to sync contacts into the People hub. I created a new Outlook mail account for him, signed into it via the phone. I then signed into his new Outlook account via his laptop and imported his Gmail contacts, no problem. Then resynchronized his Outlook account under the Email and accounts tab in settings. And nothing. I tried a fresh install and nothing. Ultimately I just synced his Gmail account to the 925 but I'd really like him to move over to Outlook full time. It should just sync and be that easy. What am I doing wrong?

(He loves the Nokia.)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you did it correctly. Did you setup his Microsoft Account in the email and account settings? I think you need that if you haven't.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
It could also be related to the recent syncing problems MS had. My problems were cleared up, but I've read that there are still some problems for a few. You might just have to wait until they work everything out.

D

Deleted member 199301

It could also be related to the recent syncing problems MS had. My problems were cleared up, but I've read that there are still some problems for a few. You might just have to wait until they work everything out.

I've been reading about that this morning. How long did it take for you to get everything working correctly again?

I'll keep an eye on it. For now I have it synced with his Gmail so he's okay. It's not a final solution but workable at this point.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife got a new Android phone. All her contacts were in outlook.com because she was earlier using Lumia 820. Therefore she downloaded outlook.com app for android. But she was also unable to sync the contacts to the phone. I think you must inform MS about this problem.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about that this morning. How long did it take for you to get everything working correctly again?

I'll keep an eye on it. For now I have it synced with his Gmail so he's okay. It's not a final solution but workable at this point.

I couldn't sync for roughly 24 hrs. I believe it was on the morning of the 17th that the problem was fixed for me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz