Pics and vids shot with the L730\735!

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
That features are available on both 640 and 640 xl, and we have same SoC. It may be camera HW limitation but could be that MSFT want to distinguish it's offering from Nokia.

Nanda Kishore2

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
OMG you people are taking very very nice photos :D you must have known how to take such images , i love all the macro shots taken by evry one .. they are really awesome..

by the by i am new to lumia 730 :) i will surely post my pics after taking them :p

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
OMG you people are taking very very nice photos :D you must have known how to take such images , i love all the macro shots taken by evry one .. they are really awesome..

by the by i am new to lumia 730 :) i will surely post my pics after taking them :p

Waiting for that photos. :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
OuS91Kv.jpg

Bumblebee, now with the phone updated to WM10. Did a bit of blurring around the edges in photoshop.

Last edited:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Simon Hinton

You have an excellent eye for photography.

Just want to get your opinion on how Windows 10 Mobile affects the photography experience?
And how about the quality of the image itself? TIA

I see it looks good, no difference?

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Though it normally takes a few shots until i snap the perfect one, getting so close means that a slightest hand wobble can defocus the subject and muck up the framing. You only see the good ones ;)

Windows 10 is fine. IMHO the sensor algorithms haven't changed, the image file size is the same, and the compression is what 8.1 Nokia Camera gave you. I do like the fact Windows Camera has unlocked the FFC iso, exposure and self timer controls, where in 8.1 they were locked and fully auto. Can force it to shoot in higher quality, which was the point of a 5mp front camera :)

The video recording is iffy though - the sound doesn't seem to record very well and at a really low bitrate. I think this build of W10 only uses a single mic, I've seen forum threads where peoples 4 microphone lumia only records with one. Not sure if the 735 has two but it shouldn't sound this bad.

Last edited:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 is fine. IMHO the sensor algorithms haven't changed, the image file size is the same, and the compression is what 8.1 Nokia Camera gave you. I do like the fact Windows Camera has unlocked the FFC iso, exposure and self timer controls, where in 8.1 they were locked and fully auto. Can force it to shoot in higher quality, which was the point of a 5mp front camera :)

This is good to know, appreciate the feedback simon.

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Not a problem! There are a few reports from other people that the image quality is worse on 10, but i think that's mainly because Windows Camera seems to prefer higher ISO's on auto (more grain and less color definition) when Nokia Camera didn't. I just keep it locked to 100 iso and make sure there's a lot of light :)

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
This is really a fantastic camera, the large aperture makes for good low-light performance and excellent DOF.

However, what irks me the most is that 5/10 times the camera will mess up the White Balance - it's usually too heavy on the blue/green side. Anyway I can work around this save for having to take 5 shots to end up with one usable? Is there a 3rd party camera app that maybe gets white balance right?

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This is really a fantastic camera, the large aperture makes for good low-light performance and excellent DOF.

However, what irks me the most is that 5/10 times the camera will mess up the White Balance - it's usually too heavy on the blue/green side. Anyway I can work around this save for having to take 5 shots to end up with one usable? Is there a 3rd party camera app that maybe gets white balance right?

Doesn't seem to happen as often for me, but yeah i've noticed that too. Never found a third party camera app that i really like to attempt to fix it though. With the new Camera and Photos app updates it's slightly less painful, on my 735 the shot-to-shot times are half what they were before, so I can just hammer out shots with less worry of missing the moment :)

pkRuSQu.jpg

Old pic from my phone under 8.1, found it when going through my albums.

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Here are some of my most recent shots. (I used a clip-on macro lens and did some post - denoise, dejpeg, color grading)

BpMWvy2.jpg

VV8Va87.jpg

jcWjsWR.jpg

LptWrgS.jpg

fR8UEd9.jpg

wJdXGaG.jpg

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys, how is your experience with camera quality with last few builds? I Stopped using 735 at around build 10586.11 and started with latest 2 official versions 10586, and it's awful now: lots of green tint, exposure all wrong, highlights all blown up, lots of grainess and noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788