Poll for 950/XL users - Do you Mozo? Or nah...

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently noticed that the silver on my brown leather 950XL back has flaked off in a very small spot. I bought both the phone and back during Microsoft's last Black Friday BOGO deal, so I've been using the phone less than five months. I still like the cover, but that's a bit disappointing.

jasonm2009

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed after one drop that the silver on the edges become brittle and expose the plastic underneath. I've had my case for approximately mine months but it is still looking good.

jasonm2009

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Ditto the buttons on my case have collapsed also. So far it doesn't impact on the daily performance as yet. This seems to be a common issue. I will still buy another when the price drops.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the red leather backing and echoing an earlier comment, they really don't hold up well considering the price. I think if you buy several and swap them out the results are better..... but then for the money you shouldn't need to do that.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the Black and Cognac covers for my 950XL and absolutely love them. My daily driver is the white stock creaky cover and I use the Mozo's when going out or in business meetings.

I haven't had any of the button problems yet, but that could only be a matter of time. BTW - because these are leather, conditioning them with neutral shoe polish will help them last longer (another WC user posted this advice when Mozo first began selling these covers).

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Cognac cover. I had one previously on my first 950, and it was excellent. It was durable and it looked and felt great

Unfortunately at some point they changed the way the silver "metal" is applied. It used to look more like brushed aluminum, and was very durable, still looked great after nearly a year. The new finish looks like silver paint, nothing like metal, and it starts to wear off in only a few days. I contacted Mozo about this and they offered a replacement of a different type, but never addressed any changes in the process. I have a zebra wood cover sitting in a drawer at home. You can see the state of my cover, and that was only after a couple days. It has been about a month now, and it is basically completely black on the corners.

I would have previously recommended the Mozo covers to anyone, but I'm afraid now I would no longer make that recommendation.

Attachments

• WP_20170406_07_52_09_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170406_07_52_09_Rich.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • WP_20170406_07_52_01_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170406_07_52_01_Rich.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • WP_20170406_07_52_17_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170406_07_52_17_Rich.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I voted yes, although it isn't entirely true. My stock black case is cracked around the headphone jack and USB port, so I ordered a Mozo in the Black Walnut. It should come in this week or next... shipping is taking a bit of time because it's shipping from the UK to US.

mozo-microsoft-lumia-950-wireless-charging-back-cover-black-walnut-p59619-300.jpg

Also, because of a several reviews similar to what camaroz1985 posted, I stayed away from a metallic edged version.

Ejay Lozano1

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Mozo covers on my 950 and I love them I have the red and white leather covers and the green cover. They're built very nicely, I did drop the green case and found a crack near the opening notch down below. I'm still in the search for the blue colored back cover and I'd like to try out those wooden back covers, if I can get them for a good price.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The Mozo cover came in today. Looks good, but I'm going to have to get used to the texture. Wasn't expecting a soft wood grain.

Mozo.jpg

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Using the black leather folio on my 950xl. Honestly i loved it when i first got it and the leather has held up well. The problem is faux chrome and the buttons are $h*t! Still just under a year old and nite I'm having issues with qi.

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the original back cover that came with the phone, covered over with a 3rd party leather back case which has a strap to hold the phone and a slit for carrying cards. The cover ads some bulk, but protects the camera glass really well

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experience sound issues with the wood grain Mozo back covers? I had noticed a while back that while using the phones speaker, if the volume is up above 20, it sounds crackly. Thought maybe the speaker was blown/damaged. Anyhow, out of curiosity, I took the back case off, and the speaker works great…. So then I put the stock back cover back on, and it still works great. Must be that the Mozo back cover is vibrating and causing the sound/distortion.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experience sound issues with the wood grain Mozo back covers? I had noticed a while back that while using the phones speaker, if the volume is up above 20, it sounds crackly. Thought maybe the speaker was blown/damaged. Anyhow, out of curiosity, I took the back case off, and the speaker works great…. So then I put the stock back cover back on, and it still works great. Must be that the Mozo back cover is vibrating and causing the sound/distortion.
I've owned a Mozo wood case for a few days now, and I haven't experienced any issues with the sound on my Lumia 950 device. Btw I'm using a clear tpu skin over my Mozo wood back cover.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the clear TPU skin keeps the weird audio distortion from happening or if there is something wrong with my case, like the wood grain is not glued to the plastic and vibrating?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the clear TPU skin keeps the weird audio distortion from happening or if there is something wrong with my case, like the wood grain is not glued to the plastic and vibrating?

Maybe, I use a case to keep the wood from being dented or stained. I really don't know, those Mozo cases are quality built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria