Premier pre order status thread

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I convinced FedEx to break policy and hold my Lumia for pick up from the service center today. In a couple of hours I will be heading out that way to pick up the phone and activate it. Hopefully that doesn't end up being a big hassle. FedEx this morning was very accomodating. I figured the worst they could tell me was no, but since the shipment was techincally now at the service center they had the ability to physically pull the shipment and set it aside.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yayyyyyyy, it just arrived!!!!!!

I'm working from home today, and luckily am almost done for the day with my work, so I'll be able to dive into it soon. Will post first impressions later.

:D:D:D

jinjing

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
status as "attention" should call Premier

Just find out that if your status is attention, you need call premier to ask them to process the order for you. And you need to call multiple times until they are willing to process the order for you.

I call 3 times, the first 2 times, there is no any helpful information they can provide. I guess it is because the guy picked up the call is not knowledgable...The last time when I called, the guy told me the order is already 24 hours old. He was able to reprocess the whole order for me and finish the order process. Now what I need to wait is the shipping email...

Do not know how long it will take to get the tracking info.

My Case: ordered Cyan one on midnight of Nov. 6. Status changed from preprocessing to attention on Nov 7. Then nothing happens...

I guess the reason I got "attention" is because I am porting a number and I am new to Premier...

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Because he found a buyer for his One X. Once you get a good price, you go with it.

The LG Optimus G can be returned as soon as he gets his Lumia.

I would do something like that, but I'm a phone whore, I'd probably end up keeping the Optimus too! Hah.

Basically. I had tried to sell the one x before and it sat on craigslist and swappa for almost a month with no takers so when someone offered me $300 for it but they needed it that day I jumped. I also figured that buying the LG at full price and returning it a couple days later was less overall hassle than going to ATT to get a new sim card for this flip phone.. switching data plans, then going back a day later to get a different sim card again (since the flip uses full size sim) and having to switch data plans back. Plus it gave me a chance to try a phone that I had a mild interest in (as well as an interest in the nexus 4 which is an offshoot of it.)

Wayne Crannell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The plate will come with the phone, eventhough it doesn't show under the status.
this is confirmed 100% sure.

Good luck with the plate and 100% guaranteed.

Here's what I think is going on. When you have a multi-part order, AT&T policy is to wait to ship the entire order, EXCEPT this is an official Big Deal, so they are overriding that and shipping the phone. Problem is that it appears they have no real mechanism for tracking that.

What I have is an order confirmation that said "everything ships together," another shipping confirmation with tracking # that said "part of your order cannot ship," and a Nokia 920 that arrived yesterday without a charger plate (and the SIM inserted upside down) in spite of never seeing any indication on the order that they were out (ordered mine at 12:10 am on the 7th CST).

Considering AT&T's ability to screw up the simplest thing, the chances of us ever seeing that free charging plate are slim to none, I'd wager. You might simply view the money spent on a charger as an investment in the sanity you'd forfeit if you called AT&T.

(And yes, the Premier system is one of the dumbest setups ever. Marketed as a "premium" upgrade and serviced like I just answered an ad for a Russian bride. :dry)

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
My charging plate came in yesterday, of course I also manually added the plate to my order so I was able to track its status the whole time...

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Well my Cyan 920 that I ordered right when preorders started via Premium came yesterday. There was no charging plate in the package. I didnt add it during the process as I assumed it would be added automatically (which for some it actually has). I am not going to bother dealing with ATT anymore. If it comes on its own it does, otherwise oh well.

I am not too interested in the charging plate now anyway. I am looking into buying the charging stand. The 920 has a much worse viewing angle than the 920 and you really need to look at the screen right on or it is very dim for some reason. The AMOLED 900 is just as bright and clear from any angle. So I really want a charger I can put on my desk that angles the phone towards me.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, at&t premier now shows that it shipped this morning even though I didn't get an email stating that it was shipped. FedEx shows I'll get it tomorrow morning!! Can't wait :)

The Spectacle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Placed order for a red 920 on Nov 8th, received shipping status email this morning. Should have new phone in hand tomorrow...no telling about the charging plate.

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You can now pick what color charging plate you want from free now. On the pop screen it says any color charging plate to just add to cart....i only had black option for free...boo

LeonRH

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered by phone too. It took five minutes at most and the phone arrived the next day. The charging plate is still on backorder. The process could not have been any better with the exception that it would be nice if the charging plate was not on backorder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124